Trusted Contributor

Dooney Barlow-just received--Question to Dooney connoiseurs

Well, I have had my eye on this since it first was presented.  When it went on sale, I purchased it.  I have only ever seen Dooneys in Nordstrom.  I got the chestnut color.  My question is-is it standard to see striations in color on the florentine leather-very pronounced on the back side especially?  I have never owned a bag like this. Usually have Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade, Tory Burch and none of their various leathers ever have these markings.  Thanks to any of you Dooney lovers who can give me advice.

(The box was ripped half open with the packing slip hanging out.  Took photos. Looks like someone tried to see what was inside. This has nothing to do with my question-just commenting on the state of the mail these days.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Barlow-just received--Question to Dooney connoiseurs

Striations in color does happen with the florentine leather.

I consider it a defect and have returned any with striations as defective, for an exchange.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yes, striations are common, particularly in the natural color.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kjae 

Whether it's a 'normal' occurrence or not, if you don't like the look, you could consider returning the bag as a defective item, so you don't pay shipping, and ask them to replace it with the same item. Perhaps you'll receive one with fewer or less pronounced markings on the leather. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Thanks to each of you for sharing your knowledge.