Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney A272205 Excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the floor

@stevieb wrote:

Yea, when I look at some of the more recent price points being sought by both Dooney and Coach it occurs to me that they're trying to be something they're not (and never were...) and that I won't be standing in line to buy bags from either of them.

I agree @stevieb .. I just found a Coach Nomad in chalk (bone) that I really really like... but I refuse to pay $495 for it. 36026_lichk_a0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Yea, when I look at some of the more recent price points being sought by both Dooney and Coach it occurs to me that they're trying to be something they're not (and never were...) and that I won't be standing in line to buy bags from either of them.

I agree @stevieb .. I just found a Coach Nomad in chalk (bone) that I really really like... but I refuse to pay $495 for it. 36026_lichk_a0.jpeg

@Boehm Collector This is such a pretty bag and maybe come the end of the summer, it might go on sale.

For myself, I would pay the $500 for the Coach over the D&B.

But as some of you know, I'm a second-hand womanWoman Very HappyWoman Wink

I know some woman are too good to buy second-hand.

Ewww, they might get cootiesWoman LOL

Valued Contributor

I know that beautiful florentine bag, it's gorgeous.  I would definitely spend the money on a 500 purse if that is what I want, it would last forever. I own 4 florentine Buckley bags, and 2 florentine Kingston bags, and I love them, and wouldn't trade them for anything.  I can't get those bags again, and I'm proud to carry them.  Now as far as spending money, I won't let my husband spend 60 dollars on roses just to have them die in a few days, four times in one year, I could have a fabulous purse. The other thing on spending money, is going out or dinner..... With drinks, and a nice dinner and tip there goes a hundred dollars.  You go out for dinner a couple times a week, and you have 800, I'd rather have a purse, and stay home and cook a great dinner.  So you see, we all spend our money differently, I'll take my beautiful Florentines.

Esteemed Contributor

You should see how the price of Dooneys has skyrocketed in price at Hudson's Bay in Canada due to the dropping Canadian dollar. It's obscene and I'm not going to buy another Dooney unless I can get a great deal whether that's in Canada or the U.S. as the bags are made in China.

Dooneys for the most part are well made but that isn't going to sway me.