Honored Contributor

Dooney A272205 Excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the floor

Lovely bag, I heard them selling it before I looked.  Fabulous leather.  But,  $458.00 ???  It's not like there are a lot of intricate construction details. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney A272205 Excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the floor

Yea, when I look at some of the more recent price points being sought by both Dooney and Coach it occurs to me that they're trying to be something they're not (and never were...) and that I won't be standing in line to buy bags from either of them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@depglass---That is funny!!!!  I cannot imagine even $100.00 for a purse.  I have to look at the purse, while you pick pu your jaw----------tedEbear

Respected Contributor

The little 'Bitsy" is almost $200. Out of my budget. BTW- looks like Kate raided my closet,

Respected Contributor

If something is too expensive for you do not consider buying it. Some think $500 is a cheap bag. That's why you can spend as much or as little as you choose.

Honored Contributor

I was just going to come here to talk about this one...  Florentine is my favorite leather and the leather, it's thickness and how it's produced is expensive~!  I own this style bag when it was in pebbled leather with the short handles and bought it thinking I wouldn't like it but it is one of the most organized bags I own.  I bought it in black and love that one too....  yes the price is high but it's because of the leather.  The Florentine leather is from Italy is thick and is how the leather 'used' to be made so I can understand the price even though the pricing is going up up up.....  Whether I'll be able to afford one?  No, I won't go there.... I'm happy with the pebbled leather, but it IS a gorgeous leather bag.

BTW, because the leather on this bag is Florentine and there is so much of it (for the front and back pockets being draped, etc, it is probably a heavy bag.  I own two Florentines and as much as I love them I have to eat my Wheaties in the morning to haul it around all day...  

A272205 is called the Florentine Barlow.....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

I can speak to the quality of this bag- superb!  Got it in elephant- a color I had been lusting for.  The leather is thick and lush, and so durable.  This is a fo-evah kind of bag.

Valued Contributor

@Jewel22 wrote:

If something is too expensive for you do not consider buying it. Some think $500 is a cheap bag. That's why you can spend as much or as little as you choose.

silver-and-lemon-someecards-fashion-funny-humor-purse-joke1_56db3974ddf2b34f5eaffef5.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I looked at it, then read reviews, then looked again.  Just can't see it.  Now, Isaac Mizrahi has a lovely hairpony/ponyhair bag for $1600.00.  It is much smaller than this D&B.------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

Sad thing, it's only 12 inches across and on my 6 ft frame, that's a small bag. I wonder how smooshy the leather is?