Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney 50% off at Nordstrom Rack online today

@Serendipity i have not purchased a cabriolet, no reason really.  i do seriously love the latest Dooney nylon.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

They really went fast! But I still see a bunch of leather options.

I picked up two cabriolet totes made in the USA: one for 98 and the other for 114!

Never seen cabriolet in real life -- is it a nylon or sturdy fabric?

3699571.jpg3977115.jpg

to me its like heavy duty canvas.  

Thanks @Shawnie! Do you like cabriolet?

It's a thick fabric.  It's called cabriolet because it's made out of the same type of fabric that is used to make the soft tops for Porsche convertibles.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

It's a thick fabric.  It's called cabriolet because it's made out of the same type of fabric that is used to make the soft tops for Porsche convertibles.

Interesting. Looking forward to getting them. Thanks @Linmo!

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:
Darn it! This is the second time I've not checked HL and D & B has been there and the bag I want is sold out. First time here today too. Oh well, looks like it's getting to be a regular thing. Thanks for the heads up.

@Reba055 You really have to be quick. The email went to my junk folder and by the time I saw it I already missed the toledo domed satchel! Which one did you want?

I wanted the Zip Zip Satchel but there are several on there today I would have been interested in. 

I used to check Hautelook almost every morning when the sales start but I haven't been lately. I would like to get a few of these for gifts so I guess I'd better get back to being on the lookout. 

It doesn't seem seem like it was very long ago that Dooney was on there and I remember they had a ton!  Of course most sold out by the time I woke up, lol. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:
Darn it! This is the second time I've not checked HL and D & B has been there and the bag I want is sold out. First time here today too. Oh well, looks like it's getting to be a regular thing. Thanks for the heads up.

@Reba055 You really have to be quick. The email went to my junk folder and by the time I saw it I already missed the toledo domed satchel! Which one did you want?

I wanted the Zip Zip Satchel but there are several on there today I would have been interested in. 

I used to check Hautelook almost every morning when the sales start but I haven't been lately. I would like to get a few of these for gifts so I guess I'd better get back to being on the lookout. 

It doesn't seem seem like it was very long ago that Dooney was on there and I remember they had a ton!  Of course most sold out by the time I woke up, lol. 

@Reba055 Oh the zip zip is a cute bag. I'm with you -- why don't they ever start sales at night? LOL. Smiley LOL

By the way, MyHabit just started two sales at 4 p.m. PST. Rebecca Minkoff (I got a black wallet I've been wanting!) and Foley & Corinna. But the selection there wasn't very extensive -- unlike HL.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Very interesting.  Nordstrom has never carried most of these bags.  And B&M Rack carries very few Doonies around here.  Almost looks like an Ilovedooney dump.

@Shawnie It was a really great variety, wasn't it? I am seeing more and more D&B at the Nordie's dept store and Rack around here. I'm hoping one of the ones I ordered will be perfect for my mom. Smiley Happy

Great idea for your Mom, @Serendipity!!! Cabriolet is very nice, sturdy material. A few years ago, I bought Mr. L. a brown cabriolet duffle bag. He has used it and it still looks like new. Hoping your Mom likes one of the two good-looking ones that you chose! I'm glad you were able to grab them! Enjoy, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Very interesting.  Nordstrom has never carried most of these bags.  And B&M Rack carries very few Doonies around here.  Almost looks like an Ilovedooney dump.

@Shawnie It was a really great variety, wasn't it? I am seeing more and more D&B at the Nordie's dept store and Rack around here. I'm hoping one of the ones I ordered will be perfect for my mom. Smiley Happy

Great idea for your Mom, @Serendipity!!! Cabriolet is very nice, sturdy material. A few years ago, I bought Mr. L. a brown cabriolet duffle bag. He has used it and it still looks like new. Hoping your Mom likes one of the two good-looking ones that you chose! I'm glad you were able to grab them! Enjoy, EEL Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily That's good to know EEL, thanks! Since she only uses one, that would be perfect for her. I just checked the D&B site and one of the ones I ordered is there for twice as much! But it's the only handbag in cabriolet. The rest are duffles. Did they stop making them?

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@EdithEllenLily That's good to know EEL, thanks! Since she only uses one, that would be perfect for her. I just checked the D&B site and one of the ones I ordered is there for twice as much! But it's the only handbag in cabriolet. The rest are duffles. Did they stop making them?

Good question @Serendipity! From what I remember over the years, I have mostly seen cabriolet in duffle bags. I would love the durability of cabriolet in a handbag! Hmmm, I'd better go over there and check out this Dooney sale...don't tell stevieb...Woman Wink Just looking tonight! 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the great tip.  I got a lovely leather bag in caramel color for my daughter.  I was wondering what to get her for her birthday, and this will be perfect.  It was a $248 bag for $100.  She will love it.  Thank you again.

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@Reba055 Oh the zip zip is a cute bag. I'm with you -- why don't they ever start sales at night? LOL. Smiley LOL

By the way, MyHabit just started two sales at 4 p.m. PST. Rebecca Minkoff (I got a black wallet I've been wanting!) and Foley & Corinna. But the selection there wasn't very extensive -- unlike HL.

@Serendipity Just to add to your list, Gilt has Furla starting tomorrow 😊