Valued Contributor

I have been looking for a Frye bag on and off for a couple of years.  Someone said they show scuff marks on the leather, I guess like the Florentine leather of D&B.  I just found a bag that I like on their website, it’s a Crossbody and looks western  style price was like $500+ and was on sale for about $350.  I really like it but don’t know much about Frye bags.  Can someone please tell me your experience with Frye bags? Thanks 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Does anyone own a Frye bag?

I have one and they do get the occasional scuff mark. It depends on the color of the leather as to how much a scuff mark shows. Mine is brown and It looks "weathered" but I think that is just a characteristic of the leather. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have two Frye bags. I brought them from 6 PM.com. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have three and two of them do show scratch marks and the other one doesn’t. Probably the type of leather. They are nice bags. I really like them but most of the bags are to big for me so I am always on the hunt for their smaller bags.

Occasional Contributor

I love my Frye bags.  They can show marks on the leather depending on the type of leather. That is why I like to look them over before I purchase them.   I have always gotten mine at  brick and morter stores where they were returned.  Some are returned internet purchases.  I have a ton of bags and like to check to see what is in the stores that might catch my eye.   I have 2 suede ones, not big, a beige and gray.  I am carrying the gray with me for work a lot.   I also have a great light color tan leather one that I love but I am careful about the leather.  Mine are not big, they actually could be a little larger - I tend to carry a lot of things.  

Honored Contributor

I was absolutely leaning toward my next bag being a Frye and loved the Melissa, but when I finally went to Dillard to look at one in person I changed my mind.  Way too big but was so beautiful.   I could use it for place to keep my pillow if I wanted to take a nap at work. So back on-line in the search for new bag.  Will probably just stay with Brahmin.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

I have one Frye handbag.  The color is slate, and there are a couple of scuff marks.  Very slight and hardly noticeable.  The marks don’t bother me, and I actually would like this bag to get that aged look.  

Dillard’s has several Frye handbags on sale right now - most under the $300 mark.  You might look at their website and see if anything catches your eye!  When they have items on sale or clearance the prices are often better than what you find on the manufacturer’s website.

Regular Contributor

I purchased two Frye handbags a few years ago. They were both a beautiful natural tan color and the quality was outstanding. Unfortunately, I rarely used them because they were so heavy! For cleaning, I used a neutral shade cream (liquid) polish that removed light soil and left a beautiful finish.

Valued Contributor

Thank all of you for your remarks about your Frye bags, I really appreciate it.

Contributor

Just want to chime in on Frye bags.  I own several.  I love them.  Agree that some are a bit heavy.  Regards to the marks on the bags --Frye states that their bags do scratch easily.  If you use leather lotion or cream it certainly diminishes the marks.  I actually love the distressed look which is what draws me to their bags.  They will never wear out! Happy shopping!!