Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone own a Coach Edie?

@cherib wrote:

I love doesn't my Edie. I used it until the straps began looking really worn, and the corners. Coach said it would cost $99 to replace the straps. I just bought a different Coach purse on sale to replace it. I also think it should have had feet. That may have helped the bottom corners from looking so worn. 

@cheribI have cut straps off and use one from another bag. If I get rid of a bag, I always keep the long strap in case I need one for another bag.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, mine is white with stud trim.  Love the size.  It is a heavy bag.

Frequent Contributor

I own the Coach Edie in Navy (so dark most think it's black) I'm petite and have been told it looks too big on my body. I've rarely used it, because of that. I'd sell it, if anybody is interested. It's just like it came out of the box. I've had it only a short time. Give a break on price.!! Serious, leave me a msg, and I'll leave a phine number.

Super Contributor

I have 2 of the Edie's and I love them.  

I've not seen any obvious wear, on my bags, but, I try to take good care of them, and I change my bags, fairly often. 

I love the look of the bag and the organization.  Edie is a favorite of mine!

I dont know if you are signed Up for Coach Outlet sales, but, if not you might want to give it a try. I do think, now, you have to sign up, at an Outlet. 

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I carried mine everyday and it didn't last a season.  It gets really "worn" looking.  I owned the color gold.

It closes with the magnetic closure which is nice, open it up and if you unzip the middle section the 2 arms (that's what I'll call them) flop and it's cumbersome.  I was trying to think how to fix this and all I could come up with is shorter arms, lowering the flaps to it's not as high and maybe closer to the zipper section.

Also what drove me crazy was I know what I put in the zippered section, my wallet but I was constantly picking the wrong "arm" to find my phone and other things, it was in one of the sides but I kept picking the wrong side.

Bag is top heavy and it flops over.I like the shape, I liked the color, i liked the size but it was a lot of money for something that I truly didn't love.

Thank you for telling me this. I know this bag will be a pain. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I can tell that this bag looks beautiful in photos but will not be functional for me and won't wear well.