Respected Contributor

Re: Do you use a handbag organizer?

Yes, I’ve used a Pursefaction (sp?) organizer for almost 10 years - first with my Dooney purses, then with my Vera Bradley bags. I’m one of those women who has to carry a fairly large purse, but I need it to be organized. My purse organizer has plenty of pockets for my cell phone, lipstick and mirror, hand cream, etc. with a wide interior pouch for my Lee Sands wallet. It isn’t heavy at all and just lifts out when I want to change purses. The best part is that I don’t have to dig around in my purse to find things. I’ve given them as gifts and my friends like them, too.

Honored Contributor

No; it would make me crazy.

Respected Contributor

I am not organized enough to use an organizer.  I use a crossbody so I don't accumulate so much stuff in the bag.  I have bought an organizer and if I would put everything back in its place it would work nicely but that is not me. 

Honored Contributor

I like them because they not only keep your stuff neat - they keep the bag from collapsing.

Honored Contributor

I don't, I tried one and ended up returning it. I find them annoying. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

In theory the organizers sound good, so much so that I’ve bought one twice, but I didn’t find them to be useful and they add weight to the bag.  I rarely carry much stuff around with me.  

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I use an organizer and sometimes I use extra pouches and wristlets and cosmetic cases.  

I like the organizer because ti keeps everything in it's place and I know exactly where to find things, no matter which handbag I am using.   The organizer makes it very easy to change handbags and nothing gets left behind in the last handbag used.   Also,  the organizer helps keep the inside of handbags cleaner.   This is especially important on handbags with light color leather linings.

The organizer can seem to make the handbag heavier because the weight of my items is concentrated into the organizer.   But I don't think the organizers I use (either PursePerfect or a thinner light weight nylon one from the bay) actually add much weight in themselfves.  

In some midsize handbags I find that pouches work better in organizing the space.  But carrying a few leather pouches will add weight to a handbag also.

I don't like things to roam around the inside of my handbag.  I want to know where everything is when I reach in.   Larger bags, tote and bucket bags are much more functional,  for me,  with an organizer.   Without the organizer,  these types of handbags can make me crazy.

When I got my first organizer a few years ago,  I fell in love with it the first time I used it.  I then bought the organizer for my sister and friends,  and they had the same very good reaction.   We are all still using it to this day.

The QVC PursePerfect was my first organizer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My bags are usually large and overloaded...have tried to cut down to basics & done my best.

Since I also enjoy switching out bags a few times a week...mostly rotating between 3-5 bags, I put some necessities in each bag so don’t have to transfer those: each one has a pad & paper, small pk. of Kleenex, little mirror, small tube of hand cream & a ziplock bag w/ protein bar. 

When I switch bags, the only items to move are my glasses, keys, wallet, sm. makeup bag that also has meds & phone.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, if it’s a large bag. I have 3 different organizers but the stinker I’ve found is that the bag has to be deep enough to accommodate an organizer - which are all about the same height. So if I am carrying a large bag, if its rather shallow in depth I can’t use an organizer - which bums me out cause I hate rambling thru all my junk.
Honored Contributor

The best use I make of bag organizers is for keeping the bag's shape when I am not using it.  I don't like for my bags to look like a used paper bag so I put the organizers in them when not in use.