Respected Contributor

Re: Do you use a handbag organizer?

No, I have never tried one but I have been tempted. 

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

No. I carry small bags with very few items in them. I can see how they'd be useful if you carry a large bag with a lot of things, but I have maybe 6 things in my purse. 

I am like her.  I just don't carry enough stuff around to need an organizer.  And I clean out my bag every weekend. 

Honored Contributor

We’re suppose to change purses?

👜Brown purse - Winter ❄️

👜Brown purse - Spring 🌳

👜Brown purse - Summer 🌞

👜Brown purse - Fall 🍁

Same purse for all seasons. 

Honored Contributor

My Mom owned 3 purses - a white one or sometimes a straw one for summer, brown one and a dressy black one for winter. When one wore out and looked shabby she bought a new one & complained because she did not like to have to spend that money.

I don't know where I got the purse addiction from but it certainly was not from her.

Respected Contributor

@151949

My mom was the same way and then she wouldn't even buy herself a new purse, I would buy one for her!  She carried a purse until it fell apart. LOL!

I didn't get my love of purses from her either and the funny thing is, I don't even like to carry a purse!  I love to hold them, look at them, collect them but when I go to the grocery store, I take my phone wallet and my keys and that's it!  Go figure! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of handbag organizers but don't use them in handbags. A soft side one I put my travel hair dryer, travel straightening brush, comb and hair brush in. It has side pockets which I put in my travel Micropedi and travel electric toothbrush. I keep this in an outside pocket of my travel train case that goes on road trips. I also used the travel handbag organizer with my hair tools on a trip to Australia. It went into my checked bag.

The other organizer I used to store remote control units but right now it's empty.

Respected Contributor

Never! Make sure the bag has what I need before purchase.
Respected Contributor

I'm another one whose purse does not resemble a piece of luggage--no need for an organizer.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a small crossbody bag that doesn't have a useful inside pocket for an Iphone 6+ cell phone as it's too big to fit into a pocket that was designed for a narrow flip phone. But this past week when I was in a Chapter's bookstore in Canada I was browsing their pencil cases and thought that this small pencil case that's vertical in shape rather than horizontal would make a splendid makeup case that could also hold my iphone as it will fit in the outside navy blue pocket of the floral pencil case. It's faux leather but I don't care -- it fits inside my small crossbody bag easlily so you could say that this pencil case turned into a makeup case/cell phone holder is a handbag organizer!

Related image

Respected Contributor

While I appreciate everyone's input, it seems a lot of you missed the point and the reason I started this thread. 

My handbags are all neatly organized and are not "bottomless pits" where items can't easily be located.  My quandry was not that I needed to organize my bag but that I wanted something to make CHANGING handbags easier and fewer steps.  If I have everything in the pockets of some sort of insert that can be lifted out in one motion, I'm much more likely to change handbags than if I have to take things out of multiple pockets, then find multiple places to put them in, inside the other handbag. 

Anyway, I have bought such an insert and now that I can lift everything out of one bag and drop it into another in one step, I'm finding that I'm changing bags more often. Smiley Happy