Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have handbags you carry most often?

[ Edited ]

Calvin Kline smaller backpacks - 10" x 11 1/2". I have this hands-free lifestyle now and this is a good size, lighweight and comfortable. I buy this style when there are Macy's sales. I also carry a few smaller, cross-body bags -- various brands. 

Calvin Klein Sussex Nylon Backpack 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@wilma   This Coach tote is my favorite bag. 

I♥Coach: 12358 COACH HERITAGE STRIPE PURSE BAG TOTE

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

Before I retired, I switched bags every couple of weeks. Now that I'm retired I tend to seldom switch. Last fall I bought a D&B zip-zip satchel in a forest green on sale at Macy's, and haven't switched since then. It's the perfect bag for me, and even though it's a dark color, I see no reason to change for the summer. At my age I sure don't need to be buying more bags when I still have too many that I never carry anymore, plus I just don't go out like I used to. All is good in my life with my zip-zip!

Honored Contributor

@wilma   Nota fair question....like asking a Mom of 3 which is her favorite child?  I do have a D&B black nylon crossbody small (!?!??!) bag that's locked and loaded for every day. Then I can switch off to my grey leather or a larger black one if needed. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, and they have three things in common.  They are always solid black in color, made of leather, and a medium to larger size.  I wear them until I can wear them no more (due to hardware breakage, or due to the accumulation of too many scratches, scuffs, or worn out spots on the leather).

I have other bags in other colors, but it is a very rare day when I change out of one of my favorite workhorse staples to wear one of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I love handbags and admit to having to many because my tastes have changed over the years.  All bags I carry now are unconstructed.  I change bags when the spirit moves me.  Even not going out much I change because I like to look at them ready to go at a moments notice.  Right I rotate between a pale rose Kate Spade and a bluebonnet Brahmin. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 2 Treasure & Bond leather tote bags (one in black & the other grey) that I've had for several years that I swap out every few months with each other.  They just work for me, I've never used them with the long shoulder strap.

Treasure & Bond Bags | Treasure Bond Nordstrom Black Leather Tote ...

Regular Contributor

I tend to rotate my bags but the ones who get heavier rotation are my Michael Kors tote bag in black, my Thirty One faux leather flap bag in Navy, and my nylon Lilio hobo bag (used heavily in summer). 

Respected Contributor

Wilma:  you handbags are beautiful.  The leather and style look very rich.

I have mainly Dooney & Bourke handbags,  in leather, various satchel styles. The collection also includes some Brahmin, Michael Kors, and Coach.   This year I'm making a point to change handbags every few days.... even it they only sit on the dresser.  I'm keeping a list to prove to myself that I use (need)  all these handbags.  Smiley Happy  I do enjoy looking at the different colors and styles.  Right now a Dooney Barlow in Orchid City Leather is decorating my bedroom.  

Honored Contributor

@wilma  - I'm not one to switch bags with outfits.  Too much to think about for me.  I will switch out for the season or if I get bored with a bag.  For years, I've been carrying Dooneys because of their quality and style.  I'm not easy on my purses and Dooneys will last forever.  I just scored an almost-new Dooney tote on Ebay this week for 35.00.  I've never gotten a deal like that before so I'm thrilled.