Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have handbags you carry most often?

I recently bought a D&B shoulder bag in Light Mauve, for Spring and Summer. Then vovid hit. I work at home anyway, so very times do I even venture outside needing a handbag. Went I go to the supermarket, I just use my old bag. So sad, I have a new bag and can't show it off.

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 

I am in search for just this type of bag.  Any luck I could find it online?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I only buy Kate Spade bags. So any of my KS purses are my go to.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@aubnwa01 

I am in search for just this type of bag.  Any luck I could find it online?

@pommom  I got my grey one from Nordstrom & the black one I found on ebay, so you might check there.  I think when I bought the 1st one in grey from Nordie's it was on clearance & the style was being discontinued.  When I got it, I liked the leather & organization so well, I wanted another & found the black one on ebay new with tags & snagged it.  This has been 4-5 years ago.  HTH

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 

Thanks for the tip.  I've been online for hours looking for just such a bag.  I'll continue to check in from time to time.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pommom  I found a black one on ebay for $122.50 under the listing if that's within your budget.  It says it's new w/o tags:

Treasure & Bond Black Leather Welt Pocket Tote Bag 140642 

Honored Contributor

I also use two most often.  I love my black Brighton Jagger crossbody organizer...love it some much I'm thinking of getting another color!

I also wear an MZ Wallace crossbody in glazed linen a lot.  It's the perfect size for me and I love the neutral gray shine and finish.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cannot disconnect myself from the Lug sling bags.  I have 3 different patterns.  The shape is too convenient in every way.  All of my other bags are neglected  Q doesn't show the Boomerangs I have that hold a water bottle and have more zippers and a phone pocket that the current sling doesn't offer.

Respected Contributor

Thank you!!! Heart  I'm on it!  

Trusted Contributor

I tend to wear the same handbag daily only switching from fall/winter to spring/ summer even tho' i have a lot of bags. Right now my favotrite is a black/navy blue accent all leather bag from Pikolinos. I almost always use a shoulder style and the Piolinos is roomy without being too large and fits beautifully on my shoulder. I like it so much I bought the same style in brown and then one (on sale) in a mixed lbrown/tan leather. Beautiful smooth leather and nice hardware. Not too heavy. Purchased from QVC.

I also purchased the recent Dooney & Bourke nylon tote in tan for the hot summer months. I will also occasionaly use a VB printed fabric bag for going to lunch or get togethers. VB bags are well made. I have a black VB microfiber tote that I've used for travelling. It's great. Roomy without weighing a ton.

I really liked the B Makowsky bags from a few years ago. Don't use them anymore. Too heavy. The ones I have are well made tho' so I have trouble getting rid of them.Smiley Happy.

I almost always buy unconstructed hobo styles. I had a simple Frye brown suede and tan leather hobo that I wore in college and used for years after. I think that bag spoiled me forever for organize-style satchels!