Honored Contributor

Do you have handbags you carry most often?

Do you have a handbag or two that you carry most often? 

I carry my RL navy and AK black crossbody bags the most.   I switched to smaller crossbody bags several years ago for daily wear and errands. Easier on my shoulder and lets me be hand free. I also prefer classic streamlined solid color bags. 

I carry the navy one more in the spring/summer, and the black one more in the fall/winter. I really should try to carry some of my other handbags more, but I keep reaching for these 2. 

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have handbags you carry most often?

[ Edited ]

Those are nice. I like the navy as I like blue.

I never have really liked carrying a handbag.

For the most part now I use one of those buddy pouches I can secure on my waist under my shirt where you cannot see it. All I need is my remote starter, lip balm, cash & credit card when I go some place. I also have several clutches I use.

Honored Contributor

@wilma Two or three years ago, I bought a solid red VeraB tote.  Loved using it so much that a year ago I bought the same bag in black.  I've pretty much been alternating between the two ever since.

There are plenty of other nice bags in the closet, but I have little urge or even any reason to switch bags much, so I don't.  Occasionally I might use a different bag, but I be be quite surprsied if I ever replace any of what I have except for those totes.  Or maybe I'll buy one of those totes in another color and give away a bag in the VB color. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma I like both of your bags.  I have several D and B bags that I use but I am pretty lazy about switching them out, especially now as I am seldom going anywhere.

Frequent Contributor

I have several bags that I alternate during different seasons.  I've been wanting to carry a spring print Vera Bradley, but think about them being cloth fabric, and not easily wiped down after going out in public.  Vinyl or leather is easier to keep wiped off during this time.

Honored Contributor

Most often - medium size bags.  All of them are a similar style.

I just disposed of a black leather "The SAk" bag that I had for years.  It was all worn and scuffed.  I need to replace it before next winter.  

I just switched to a Travelon that could be a fabric twin for the discarded leather.  

For the summer - I have a collection of Baggallini Hanover and similar nylon bags in different colors.  Summer I switch to the colorful fabric bags to go with whatever I'm wearing.

I'm a fan of Baggallini ... and frequently fnd them on sale at Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I carry anything and everything Kate Spade! I have whittled down what I carry around with me enough to just use a very convenient crossbody bag. Love my Kate Spade bags!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

This is my favorite Laurel Burch that I was carrying everyday until COVID-19 hit. I had to change over to plain boring leather bags that can easily be cleaned and wiped down after coming back in from the outside.20200506_145751_resized (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll usually change out bags to go to lunch with a friend.  

This Joy Susan bag is SO perfect and comfortable to carry.  I like the style because I wear a lot of pattern and color in my clothes.  It looks great with jeans, slacks, and skirts.  I have plenty of room and took out the big center zippered pouch since things were getting stuck in it) and created two key fobs, one of which has a handbag light!

I have the one in front for spring/summer, and a black with a black handle for fall winter.  My everyday bag has to go in a locker and these don't look worse for the wear.Smiley Happy

I WISH they made this in leather.

Joy Susan Hobo Bags

Honored Contributor

So the only reason I carry a handbag for so long is laziness on my part! I hate changing bags, I tend to not do it too frequently.