Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a Wallet you Love?

[ Edited ]

@brewhaha  Brew I haven't seen you post in such a long time and it is good to see you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh I have many wallets. When I switch out my purse, I have to use a matching/coordinating wallet to go with that purse! I know, I know, I'm pretty pathetic but when I open my purse I have to see neat, orderly and matching! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I bought a Patricia Nash "Gauchy" wallet a couple of months ago and love the style, the softness of the leather, the compartments (just enough), credit card slots and the light weight of it. It's gorgeous. It normally sells for around $98 (I think), but Macy's had this one on sale for less than $50 when I bought it. If you like a big, thick wallet that holds a lot, then this style probably wouldn't be right for you. I like a slimmer wallet so this one really fits my needs.

Super Contributor

I have a Tommy Hilfiger wallet from 10-12 years ago. It's definitely not 5 inches in length (more of a squarish, chubby/chunky shape) and I purchased it on a clearance sale for $3.

I seriously doubt this particular wallet is still available but wanted to mention it because of how durable this chunky wallet has been! I've long since grown tired of it and would love to change it, but every time I think about doing so I talk myself out of it because it still looks fairly new. It was $3 well spent. Smiley Happy

I would definitely purchase a th wallet again.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Valued Contributor

I spend hours and weeks finding a wallet.  I’m very picky when it comes to my wallet, it needs to be perfect, as I hate to change wallets.  I keep my wallets for years, and they have to look great for years.  I finally found my most recent one after having my last one for about 12 years, so I don’t care how much it cost.  This one is a Brahmin, I bought it about 3 years ago on EBay, and its gorgeous.  It’s about 4 1/2” and the money sections hold a full opened bills and a large zipper on the outside, it’s perfect!!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions but I’m still looking.

My criteria: must be RFID protected, compact (<5 inches), fits coins, extra space for credit cards + store cards, not black inside, love extra places for receipts.  I so wish Lug made something like Kickflip in a compact size!  Or Travelon made a compact wallet.

My current wallet is a Travelon and it’s great but 71/2 inches long, but super tough and has all the extra places to tuck things...  I am surprised there are no clever and well designed wallets that are not huge, and not junky quality...but there simply aren’t. 

Maybe Amy from Lug will hear this cry! 

Frequent Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

My criteria: must be RFID protected, compact (<5 inches), fits coins, extra space for credit cards + store cards, not black inside, love extra places for receipts.  I so wish Lug made something like Kickflip in a compact size!  Or Travelon made a compact wallet.

My current wallet is a Travelon and it’s great but 71/2 inches long, but super tough and has all the extra places to tuck things...  I am surprised there are no clever and well designed wallets that are not huge, and not junky quality...but there simply aren’t. 

I don't have this particular wallet I have posted below, but I have other products from Levenger that I really like. They have other colors on their website.

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 5.44.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 5.47.03 PM.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

my buxton clutch style must be 15 years old and it's finally getting worn.

I was on the hunt for a nice leather wallet and my friend was in a store called TUMI and guess who got a wallet!!! She insisted because it has RIFD and lots of compartments!  (I'd never pay that kind of $$$).

We travel a lot together and all her luggage pieces are TUMI.  So she knows the brand well.

I plan to switch my wallet over tomorrow & will carry my crossbody Dooley when I travel tomorrow so hopefully this wallet fits!

tomorrow I'm heading to coach outlet I'm in love with a bag there  & may look at a wallet (which is the style I originally wanted).

Respected Contributor

After my searches, I found Wallet choices are severely lacking IMO.  Very few are less than 7” long.  Most well made ones (designer,$ brands) are not RFID protected.  

Many are the same old design from years ago, with nothing clever or innovative- 

I settled on a Beurlike, compact from big A.  Ok for now- 

Esteemed Contributor

@QsMom wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I don't have this particular wallet I have posted below, but I have other products from Levenger that I really like. They have other colors on their website.

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 5.44.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 5.47.03 PM.png

I've been searching for a new wallet too, and just can't find one that works for me.  All the styles seem to be like the one posted here with those gusseted sides and zip all the way around and have wrist strap.  For me this style is difficult to access the interior.  Looking for a basic leather wallet with many credit card slots, a coin purse and a snap closure.  So hard to find now that styles have changed.