Respected Contributor

As we all know purses have always been a hotspot for germs and bacteria.  

With the flu and Coronavirus going strong please keep your purse clean and be mindful when you get home to not put it on tabletops and counters where you eat/serve food.

I am switching out to a 'less expensive' bag from my collection.  One that I can Lysol or Clorex spray frequently and not have to worry about if the chemical damages my bag.

Be safe everyone. 

Best wishes!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do not forget your purse

@Abrowneyegirl -

I've actually been doing that for a longtime because of all the flu and viral things around here.

I think a lot of people don't think about it but its a good idea.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I like Le sportsac purses in part because they are easily washed.  My purse is never on the floor (evening toilet stall, if there isn't a hook on which to hang it I put the strap around my neck when using facilities).  Agree that purses are germ receptacles.

Honored Contributor

I actually switched to a cloth bag than can go in the washer.   

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl 

Thank you for this important reminder!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl 

Thank you for this important reminder!  

I got my wake-up call today when I was out in a grocery and watched a kid sneeze, miss his elbow and sneeze right on another customer's shoulder bag!  

I then remembered how much my own purse was exposed to!!!

yuck

Respected Contributor

Earlier today an expert said paper money is the worst culprit in your purse.

Super Contributor

I agree with you. 

Respected Contributor

Great post.  We need to keep our handbags clean and also be careful where we put them.... it's always been true,  but much more so now.

Most especially keep your handbag off the floor, and don't put it anywhere in your kitchen or on your bed unless you have cleaned it first.  And keep you handbag off the table in a restaurant too.

All this stuff sounded fussy and strange a few years ago.... but it makes so much sense and it's taken a long time for our collective brains to understand the importance of thigs like this.

Respected Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie 

You bring up several good points!  Thank you.  I did not even think about keeping purses and bags off of bedding and such because I never put my bags in those rooms but many do.