Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Still Love Your Bags?

I still love my bags, and I need to start interchanging them with greater frequency, in order to enjoy them more fully.  I don't have a "need" for more bags, although I did purchase one at 50% off at Coach, recently, as I didn't have a bag in chalk color, and it will work with just about everything in my wardrobe.  (It even worked wonderfully with the black and white striped shirt and black pants I wore to the Coach store that day-- my very first day back into the store since the pandemic began. It was so nice to see the SAs I have known for years-- and it was true retail therapy for me.)  I also got a small black Coach bag for my daughter during the holiday sale as she requires smaller bags, and she did not have one in black.  (Her usual pink bag would not go with her new neon emerald and black  J Crew coat - also a holiday gift to her-- and purchased at 50% off.)

I think my handbag collection really is complete, as I don't desire any more of them, really. I am not oogling designer bag websites any more, longing for more bags.  I have bags for every single need.  I do need to change out of my black Rogue shoulder bag, though, as I changed into that one for a funeral of an 18-year-old young man, the son of a friend, who committed suicide in September.  I mention this only to gently remind everyone to closely track and monitor their children's stress and depression levels every day during this pandemic.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I still love my handbags.....a favorite accessory for me and I change mine out often. I keep my things inside my bag in order so they are easy to change out. 

Respected Contributor

I still love all my handbags even though I'm not going out and about as much.  

I'm not getting rid of them as all this Covid stuff and not being able to go out as much is only temporary.

Respected Contributor

Since March, I have been continuing to commute to my office for work, so I have never stopped using my handbags.
Respected Contributor

Now that I'm toting masks, hand sanitizer and grocery bags, several of my bags are too small.  Need some bigger bags, Aawww, yay! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

About two years ago I donated some bags to a silent auction for an animal charity (I think maybe 10).  They were happy to have them, and given the charitable circumstances did well with them.  

It was a bit painful at the time, as I had chosen each one with care, several from travels.

Glad I did, the timing was good all around.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Yes, I still love mine even though I use my Lug crossbody bag most days for convenience. If I'm making a small purchase, I'll use my Longchamp Le Pliage tote instead of putting the item in a shopping bag.

@Drythe What a generous handbag donation you made to the animal charity. From one animal lover to another, kudos to you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MissRose722 wrote:

@Drythe What a generous handbag donation you made to the animal charity. From one animal lover to another, kudos to you!

@MissRose722 

Thank you.

I felt it would be hard, but was really, not, due to the cause.  Today, we don’t have public auctions, and there is raised concern about previously owned items; and the animals are in even more need.  Glad it happened, would do it again gladly.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

There is a ton of stuff COVID has taught me that I do NOT need.  I have always been a makeup minimalist, but now NEED even less and out it is going.  

Handbags, I am culling to the really special ones.  And there will be far fewer of those.  Especially totes since I don't tote any more.  

It's going to be a whole new life going forward.