Trusted Contributor

Do You Have To Have The Matching Wallet?

Just bought a new bag, (Yikes).

I found the Kooba Jonnie in Rose Gold, at $199, $498MSR, so snared it. It arrived today, and it's beautiful!

Now, same site, I can order matching wallet, slightly less than half price!

I want it! Do I need it, No! I have wallets that will work fine, and are very nice. But, I want it! 😈

So, are you matchy, matchy, or do you think spending for a matching wallet is nonsense, a nice, versatile wallet works just fine!

Maybe, like a friend of mine, you don't like the matched look, and you sure don't like switching out wallets, as well as bags.

What camp are you in?
Contributor

Re: Do You Have To Have The Matching Wallet?

Congratulations on your new treasure!  I used to be matchey to a certain extent, but now I go with a wallet "that goes with" whatever bag.  I have a Lee Sands grey eel skin wallet and matching change purse that I only use now.

Honored Contributor

I have to match, especially when the bag is expensive.  I have a few cheaper bags and usually the matching wallet is almost as much as the bag.  In that case, I use what I have or buy something in a more realistic price range.

Honored Contributor

No. I have enough trouble remembering everything when I change my purse; there's no way I would remember everything if I switched wallets for each bag.

A good wallet is hard to find. When I find one, I use it until it falls apart.

Honored Contributor

@Suhse wrote:
Just bought a new bag, (Yikes).

I found the Kooba Jonnie in Rose Gold, at $199, $498MSR, so snared it. It arrived today, and it's beautiful!

Now, same site, I can order matching wallet, slightly less than half price!

I want it! Do I need it, No! I have wallets that will work fine, and are very nice. But, I want it! 😈

So, are you matchy, matchy, or do you think spending for a matching wallet is nonsense, a nice, versatile wallet works just fine!

Maybe, like a friend of mine, you don't like the matched look, and you sure don't like switching out wallets, as well as bags.

What camp are you in?

Yes, Suhse, if I were you, I would order the matching wallet at slightly less than half price! Your handbag is such a unique color, I think it would look uncoordinated to have, for example, a plain black wallet popping out at the checkout counter. Just some advice from EEL! Woman Very Happy

I have way too many matching handbag and wallet sets, so I'm all done shopping now! It's time to enjoy them! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm with ChynnaBlue. It's way too much trouble to switch both wallets AND bags!
Contributor

When I buy a wallet it's all about function....how many cards does it hold? can it fit my phone? does it zip open or is it accordian style? does it have a strap? 

So although I would like to match my wallet to my purse it's very rare that I find a wallet and purse from the same collection that suit my needs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love having a matching wallet but I've switched to using a wristlet as my wallet. It takes up less space in my purse and I really didn't need to carry 80% of the stuff I had in my wallet. I even kept my passport in it just so I'd know where it was. Now I'm down to one check book ( not both of them), 2 pay cards, driver license and my Costco card. My wristlet is a silver metallic Dooney large slim wrislet. Silver goes with most of my bags so I'm good. 

In your case, I'd buy the matching wallet if I was you! 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS mom wrote:

I love having a matching wallet but I've switched to using a wristlet as my wallet. It takes up less space in my purse and I really didn't need to carry 80% of the stuff I had in my wallet. I even kept my passport in it just so I'd know where it was. Now I'm down to one check book ( not both of them), 2 pay cards, driver license and my Costco card. My wristlet is a silver metallic Dooney large slim wrislet. Silver goes with most of my bags so I'm good. 

In your case, I'd buy the matching wallet if I was you! 

I was shopping with a friend a few months ago and she was looking for a wallet to go with a Coach handbag she had in both black and brown...she chose a silver Coach wallet which went nicely with both bags! Sound familiar? Woman Wink Very practical and coordinated, jaxs mom! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh yes, it's much harder to find wallets that go with both black and browns. I love my silver wristlet. 

The OPs rose gold bag must be gorgeous and I'd absolutely want the matching wallet for it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval