Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Aimee Kestenberg handbag--- And Customer Service!!

Interesting that AK CS are claiming the bags are made exclusively for QVC when I have seen the same bags of some styles on her website. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

That's a shame, but any white leather or a white leather background will absorb dirt and discolorations as though they were stains... even with a special application from the manufacturer to help stop it.  Use a leather cleaner & conditioner on bags like that often and it helps.  Apple makes a really good brand.  It often comes as a nasty surprise to customers who have never dealt with this before.... 

But even Louis Vuitton, who sells a bag called Vernis, which is patent leather, will absorb color like a sponge.  Even your many times washed blue jean dye will transfer and it is then in the bag forever ... nothing will get it out and that's at $2k and $3k a pop!  It's just somelthing those ladies who want the bag are willing to deal with....

Again, sorry this hapened to you but some lighter bags will just do this.... hopefully the AK Company's CS will help you.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Can you enjoy it still anyway?  Some things are better with a patina of use.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

OMG!!! I just returned after dinner out to find an email from A.K.Customer service!! It was sent at 6:45pm.They apologized for my inconvenience & offered to exchange the bag for any one of my choosing off of their website!!

They must have had second thoughts.I'm shocked!!

Thank you all for your advice & support!!

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

OMG!!! I just returned after dinner out to find an email from A.K.Customer service!! It was sent at 6:45pm.They apologized for my inconvenience & offered to exchange the bag for any one of my choosing off of their website!!

WOW that is awesome....how wonderful is that!!

Honored Contributor

Oh my gosh, that's incredible!  Honestly, most handbag companies would not let you do that (they consider it normal wear).... what great customer service!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ I am SO GLAD it all worked out for you and that AK's customer service came through! They have helped me twice (nothing as serious as your issue) and they have gone above and beyond both times. Have fun choosing your new handbag and let us know what you choose if you wish! Woman Happy