Honored Contributor

Deleted - sorry to stress everyone out

[ Edited ]

Deleted because I'm stressing everybody out.  Sorry.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: OrYANY pebble leather Lian satchel

That's exactly why I don't buy satchels where the top handles don't fold down. I haven't seen the Lian in person but it appears that you might be able to get away with removing them but it would depend on how far they extend under the zipper. Personally I'd return it and buy another style with handles that fold down. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Then why keep it?  Before I'd cut the handles off, I'd just return it and look for a bag I truly liked...  There are so many options out there.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have not seen any other bags like this.  This would be exactly the same as an alteration in a wearable garment.   (I used to sew quite a bit.)  The cuts would not be visible.  I haven't decided whether to remove the handles.  I like making changes.  Isn't that what makes life interesting?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I definitely would not "redesign", a fine leather handbag, myself. My, admittedly limited experience with orYany, is that their leather is lovely. I wouldn't want to ruin it.

Would a shoe repair shop be willing and /or able to do this for you, and for how much; would it be worth it?

I don't have a problem with the design, if I did, to the point I knew it wasn't working for me; I'd return the bag and keep looking.
Honored Contributor

I actually prefer when the handles remain up rather than flopping around on the sides.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Deleted - sorry to stress everyone out

I agree with stevieb if u have to make changes to it to work for u then it's not your style imo
Honored Contributor

Wow, I don't think anybody is getting stressed out...  But let's face it, when we post, we get responses from people giving their honest opinions...  If we don't want honest opinions, well, then... there you go...

Woman Wink

Good luck whatever you decide to do...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Stressed about pocketbook handles?  raised eyebrows

Were some posts removed?  I see no stress here.

Honored Contributor

I don't see anyone stressed out. It's your bag, do with it what you will. That doesn't mean that we would do the same, but whatever. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval