Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I emptied and cleaned out one of my double lower kitchen cabinets last night... Yes, it was a wild Saturday night at my house... Do I need to relate just how much fun that was... Sheesh... I must have tossed two dozen storage containers... Where did they all come from... How many does one household need... I need to break the 'save everything' habit... There's actually some room in that cabinet now to store things that are actually used...

Woman Happy

@stevieb   Count me duly inspired. Took a quick peek to be sure, but yes, I have accumulated unknown quantities of plastic storage containers and kitchen gadgets that have never been used, including fancy baking stuff for making designs on cookies. Sigh.

However, I shall have to wait until Thanksgiving break (our university gets a full week!). But I do look forward to such a Wild Night.

@1Professor  Believe me, you have no idea just how much fun you're in for... A rollicking good time to be sure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  Oh I'm so jealous... Nothing says fun like busted knuckles and a trip to the Depot...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Bird mama  Wow, I'm impressed.  We spent Saturday night in the garage going thru boxes of holiday "decor" that we said we'd never accumulate when we moved 5 years ago. Pier One is total Christmas now. 

@hicindy2  One can't help but note you've been shopping somewhat prodigiously lately... Perhaps if you curb those impulses those boxes of accumulated goods won't sneak up on you so much in future...

Image result for church lady

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb   True,  I blame it on a pumpkin cheesecake sugar high that I've been on.  That ends today Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Oooohhhh...here are some of Meghan Markel's handbags. Just for fun:  

WLMM_header_handbags

The Duchess of Sussex showed off a burgundy tote from Scottish brand Strathberry

@Bird mama   (are those TOOLS next to it?) 

Meghan Markle Best Handbags

Green tote by DeMellier 

The Nina bag 

Mulberry

Madewell Canvas

Burberry

Chanel

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Oooohhhh...here are some of Meghan Markel's handbags. Just for fun:  

The Duchess of Sussex showed off a burgundy tote from Scottish brand Strathberry

Chanel

@hicindy2 I like the Scottish Strathberry brand (but not the particular color combination above) and I love the Chanel! Heart

I bring my handbags to the owner's mid-range consignment store, but she also has an upscale store in a neighboring town and she regularly gets in Chanel, LV, Dior, Gucci and more. I oogle her Instagram page regularly. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 @1Professor Speaking of consignment stores, how are both of your stores doing? Are your bags selling? I've noticed a decline in sales this fall, and I often have to lower my prices to sell things. Wonder if it's a regional thing or if you both are experiencing something like this in your respective areas?

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 @1Professor Speaking of consignment stores, how are both of your stores doing? Are your bags selling? I've noticed a decline in sales this fall, and I often have to lower my prices to sell things. Wonder if it's a regional thing or if you both are experiencing something like this in your respective areas?

@EdithEllenLily   So far it's been great. I just sold a Louis Vuitton, picking up the check Friday, plus several Dooney bags. This store, however, is designer-only and in a high end city in a high end street just two blocks off Nordstrom's . . .

So I don't have a handbag consignment store for selling Patricia Nash. Even unused bags. While Coach and Dooney are considered designer, Patricia Nash is not.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily : I’m buying fewer bags, so l’m bringing in fewer to sell. Woman LOL

But I’m finding that used bags don’t do well lately at all. I brought in a Frye Melissa hobo, and a Fossil tote, both used. The owner said they would each sell for about $50. That would have netted only $20 each for me, so l kept them. Woman Frustrated

The NWT bags are an even bigger waste of $$$$ b/c l should have never bought them! I brought in a PN Poppy tote, NWT— the one with the palm leaves, and it didn’t sell after three months, even when the boutique had 20% off sales. Woman Sad

During the several years l’ve been consigning, the only two bags that did very well were both higher-end vintage designer camera bags— LV and Gucci, hardly-used. Each fetched a couple hundred $$ for me.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

My bags aren't fancy enough for a consignment store.  I did try 5 bags on the facebook marketplace.

The Sak Tahoe satchel in the peacock color - sold for $40.

Brighton Caroline Briefbag  - sold for $50.

Patricia Nash St Croce wristlet in Metallic Paisley - sold for $15

Patricia Nash Avellino crossbody in Metallic Paisley - sold for $50

I tried to sell the Wine Oryany Kaley.  A lady offered me $15 for it so since I would basically be giving it away, I did just that and donated it. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise