Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@EdithEllenLily  Happy early birthday and 🎉 on shopping early, getting a deal and Mr L loving them also

ps my rose gold AK went on backorder for some reason so I cancelled

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom Thank you!! Woman Very Happy

Too bad about the rose gold AK handbag going to backorder!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have had a frigid and snowy winter and a hot spring and summer filled with thunderstorms. Upcoming temperatures are 90 today and then 99, 100 and 96 -- with humidity which makes each day's heat index even worse. All of this is excessive for Chicagoland! I'm only going out to see Mom to make sure she is drinking enough cold water. After that the temperatures go into the 80s, which is more normal. Looks like some of you are also having hot and rainy weather...hang in there, drink a lot of water and take it easy. 

I'm still carrying my lightweight MZ Wallace bags and totes, which are perfect for this oppressive weather.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I ordered from CIJ was the candle impressions deer candle on the June 30th event.  I know candle impressions candles and didn't even wait for a presentation, lol.

Candle Impressions Buck and Fawn Deer Flameless Candle - H220132

I mentioned it on the holiday thread that weekend and sold quite a few of these to other shoppers Woman Very Happy  I received mine and am quite pleased with it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@stevieb   I ordered a new picture jasper doe enhancer from American West before it was presented.  

American West Sterling Silver Picture Jasper Doe Enhancer - J362605

I hear ya when it comes to matrix.  I love picture jasper and have a weird relationship with this stone.  I get the whole Mother Nature's paint brush, blah, blah blah.  That said if the picture jasper is too blonde or blotchy I don't keep it.  I was holding my breath when my enhancer arrived.  All I thought was please don't let me get a stinker.  I got lucky, mine has a decent color and matrix.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   Your pearls are lovely and I'm glad they are keepers.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom   I've added alot to the thread.  

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   It's going to be ugly and life threatening here over the next few days.  Heat index in the 103-105 range for the weekend because of humidity. Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  I'm glad you got a good piece of jasper. I don't often peruse the AW jewelry but have to admit I was so taken with the animal series (my descriptor, I don't remember what she called it) that featured enhancers and rings. As would be predictable, I was particularly smitten with some of the rings... I loved the turtle and put it on my wish list and thought the bird was exceptionally pretty too. In fact, I'd meant to draw your attention to it, so glad you saw the set and the doe was very lovely too... Picture jasper is, indeed, one of the gems where the specific piece you get makes all the difference... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   It's going to be ugly and life threatening here over the next few days.  Heat index in the 103-105 range for the weekend because of humidity. Woman Surprised

@Bird mama Terrible about that heat index! So glad you found Finley because with her injuries and the heat, that might have been too much for her. She is really cute and I love her expressive eyes. I think Mr. L will put some water out for the squirrels, birds and any other animals that need some!