Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@handygal2   I haven't seen the coated canvas in person either.

I like the concept though...

Dillard's has one 5 star review on the similar bag.

"Absolutely LOVE this bag!! It can be used for work or the gym or as an overnight bag!!"

Color:Floral Multi - Image 1 - Sorlana Floral Multi ToteColor:Floral Multi - Image 4 - Sorlana Floral Multi Tote

I think that the Dillard's bag would make me look like I was running away from home.  The HSN bag is on a smaller scale.  I am looking for a summery "long day" bag for trips to the farmer's market, wineries, appointments where I am lugging extra stuff. 

Still love the $$$ Postcard series on her website

Brianza - Vintage Postcard

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 : Maybe you should go for it, then! It has free shipping.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@hicindy2 : Maybe you should go for it, then! It has free shipping.

@handygal2  Trying to be good...so hard !! Better make up my mind (free shipping is rare)

Carrying my Flamingo Harvey's bag today.  

Medium Streamline Tote Flamingo Side

Honored Contributor

Dear Ms. @hicindy2,

We're thrilled to learn you're planning a return visit.

Sincerely,

Island Management

Related image

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@EdithEllenLily ,

Thank you so much for remembering me and for your lovely images. I also wish you all the best, sorry for being late 🌻

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb   I have only been looking.  No purchases yet. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@stevieb   I have only been looking.  No purchases yet. 

@hicindy2 Famous last words...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily ,

Thank you so much for remembering me and for your lovely images. I also wish you all the best, sorry for being late 🌻

@CHIP62 Thank YOU for your kind message which made me smile! I hope you are doing well. Write anytime here...there are no deadlines...hooray! Enjoy your weekend, too! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a little excitement to share Woman Happy  I'm documenting a new rescue on the Bird's Nest thread in the Among Friends forum. 

The full story is there and here's a snapshot.

Oliver (cat allowed to roam outside from down the street) tried to take out a pigeon that I assumed was a baby because it looks like a juvenille.  Didn't see the fight on Friday evening but I noticed Oliver in the yard and I went in the backyard to chase him outta my yard for the umpteenth time in almost a year.

Found injured pigeon cowering under my new converta a bench. 

Named the bird Finley yesterday which means brave warrior with fair skin.  Bird is primarily white and the name fit to me.

Decoded the band on Finley's leg.  I believe Finley is what's called a homing racer pigeon.  Finley is registed with the American Racing Pigeon Union, was born and banded in 2016 and is from the Foys racing club - in Beaver Falls Pennsylvania.

Yea, you read that right and yea they can really travel that far.

Since Finley is 3 and clearly knows about interstate travel, the popular advice on multiple websites is to heal Finley and let Finley go because the bird will know how to get home.

No sooner do I reconcile that this is the best way to handle this particular bird, Finley reveals her gender to me by laying an egg on the bed in the closet.   

Image result for startled cat gif

Now, if this was a pregnant sparrow I wouldn't even flinch.  I have life experience raising a baby immediately after hatching.  

Since Finley is 3 I am praying (not kidding) that this is not her first time at the mother rodeo.  Pigeons create milk (much like humans do) for their babies and that's how they feed them.  When humans hand raise a baby pigeon tube feeding is involved and I don't know how to do that.  I'm not sure I want to know how to do that.

If you could send a good thought or two my way, I would appreciate it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Woman Surprised Amazing! They know you are Birdmama and will take care of them if they are injured! Woman Happy Oh boy about the egg right away. I will read the whole story on the other thread. In the meantime, I'll be thinking positive thoughts for good luck!