Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

Whoo hoo: found a place that will take monstro to a recyling facility for around $100. (Shhhh, it must be a surprise!) That's better than what I was quoted before. Now to get to work! May not be around here as much, as I have to hunker ... but hope you gals have a great start to summer!

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I'm using MZ Wallace (nylon with leather trim) Bedford pleated handbags paired with the Oxford quilted nylon Medium Metro Totes spring, summer and fall, changing out various colors and tote combinations. As you know, I have fun discovering bag/tote pairings! Woman Very Happy Sometimes it will be a small leather MZW for an evening or occasion out (Janie in black leather or Amelia in blue metallic leather).

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Whoo hoo: found a place that will take monstro to a recyling facility for around $100. (Shhhh, it must be a surprise!) That's better than what I was quoted before. Now to get to work! May not be around here as much, as I have to hunker ... but hope you gals have a great start to summer!

@Serendipity What a good price for such a heavy, errrr, object (don't want to mention his name or else he may eat a few things as he's going out the door...Woman Wink).

We understand about all of the work (I'm fried after doing just one room [guest room]...all in all it was four days this time, and yes, I do clean the light bulbs...Woman LOL).

Good luck with your projects...but do stop in when you need a break! Let us know how your new bags are carrying!! Exciting!! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity   Yay for you.  We were in shock when we had to get rid of an old couch set. None of the non profits wanted it. We finally found some college kids who had a truck and it still cost us $$ to get rid of it.  My parents lived in Lodi on 4 acres of vineyards and if they could drag the item to the roadside, it was gone in an hour.  

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Serendipity May the old boy enjoy his retirement at the landfill... Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity  how lovely to read that "montrose" Woman Wink is going to be reincarted.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom  Your AK shopper is an LTS today. The price is a good bit less, though the shipping remains too high.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  I’m trying not to order lol

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2  and @Serendipity   in our Town we just have to call DPW.   They will pick up anything for free.  When we call we are told when to put the items out and they will be picked up the next day.  But, of course, if the items are really heavy we have to find someone to take them out of the house and put out on the curb.  @Serendipity ... have you tried calling your municipality?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@hicindy2  and @Serendipity   in our Town we just have to call DPW.   They will pick up anything for free.  When we call we are told when to put the items out and they will be picked up the next day.  But, of course, if the items are really heavy we have to find someone to take them out of the house and put out on the curb.  @Serendipity ... have you tried calling your municipality?  

Wow. This must be one of the joys of living in an actual town. In many places, other, perhaps, than some HOA's, you're pretty much on your own to contact and pay for bulk trash removal or find an organiztion willing to pick up donations, assuming, per their criteria, items are worth donating.