Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity  Happy Birthday to you !!

@stevieb  Thank you Stevie! Had a great birthday month! A bit belated catching up.

Thought of you recently because I purchased a cabachon ring (my mom was the enabler -- but she is always somehow spot on). It's a labrodorite from JTV and just stunning. I know that it all depends on the stone you get, but mine was ethereal really. And lots of good reviews. Thought I would post it for you in case you were interested. And you can't beat the price: $29.00, plus I had free shipping. The silver work is so smooth you don't know you are wearing it. Much much better in real life than the photo, but see below:

Gray Labradorite Sterling Silver Ring

Hey there @Serendipity... Glad you had a nice birthday and what a pretty ring... And yep, with that gem the specific piece you get really matters... I have a nice labradorite doublet and marcasite ring I got here years ago that I love and you're right, when the stone is good, it really is an ethereally lovely gem... I see you're still being challenged finding bags for mom... Tell you the truth, while I'm not buying many bags these days, I've given up trying with QVC... Much better options, sales, pricing and shipping with the department stores... And, of course, there's always TJX, though their bags haven't been as stellar, at least in some stores, as they once were... As for posting pictures, there's been a problem now for over a month for some of us and what passes for an IT department here is in no hurry to address it, though I think the moderators might have reported it. I can still post pictures, but rarely do anymore unless I can cut and paste them directly from the web, because it's become a very slow process to post from saved pictures, and that seems to be the case no matter which computer I use... Vintage QVC website nonsense one surmises...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

All this talk about straw bags got me thinking-- I don't own one! Lol... I found this tote on Macy's' site (a Deal of the Day). It's cute and whimsical. I won't use it as a handbag, but rather as a summer carryall.

Other cute patterns are available as well:

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

@handygal2  These are sort of cute for the season but I'll stop with my Sophia Petrillo bag...Woman LOL

I already have a lot of pool and catch all bags, so another would just be silly for me...

I especially like the first one and then the more neutral second one...

Honored Contributor

For anyone interested, the Lodis set of three card cases are a LTS today for about half the original price...

LODIS Leather RFID 3-Pack Card Case Set - A300616

Honored Contributor

I must say that the Lodis pouch set that I bought here a couple of years ago still looks brand new.  I use the pouch as a catch-all (cosmetic) bag and that coin purse gets a work out.

Image result for lodis pouch set QVC

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow the Josie Maran TSV sold out already. I ordered a set last night and then another this a.m. on advance delivery.

I'd say that confirms why she is on so often.

Picked up the super-size milk too. 😊

ETA: Looks like it pops up on-and-off for advance delivery, maybe some folks changing their minds. FYI, just in case anyone was contemplating...

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Serendipity, I had planned on ordering a set and time got away from me and it slipped my mind. Thanks to you, I was able to place an advanced order.

Honored Contributor

@LIndaMJ  Yay -- glad you were able to get one! I love these small containers the best. 😊

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Hey there @Serendipity... Glad you had a nice birthday and what a pretty ring... And yep, with that gem the specific piece you get really matters... I have a nice labradorite doublet and marcasite ring I got here years ago that I love and you're right, when the stone is good, it really is an ethereally lovely gem... I see you're still being challenged finding bags for mom... Tell you the truth, while I'm not buying many bags these days, I've given up trying with QVC... Much better options, sales, pricing and shipping with the department stores... And, of course, there's always TJX, though their bags haven't been as stellar, at least in some stores, as they once were... As for posting pictures, there's been a problem now for over a month for some of us and what passes for an IT department here is in no hurry to address it, though I think the moderators might have reported it. I can still post pictures, but rarely do anymore unless I can cut and paste them directly from the web, because it's become a very slow process to post from saved pictures, and that seems to be the case no matter which computer I use... Vintage QVC website nonsense one surmises...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb Thanks for the suggestions, Stevie. I haven't been to stores in a while, but when I do always keep an eye out, especially for the Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors. But I never see anything. She has a pair of British tan/honey colored booties that she wants to coordinate with. So I'm looking for something in that family. Even a golden bag with dark brown trim would be great. Has to be a hobo, smushy lealther and lots of organization, and lightweight. I really thought thre AK came closest to meeting all of these, even though the color was lighter. But the shed waleather was just not something she (or I!) would care for.

If you (or anyone) spots something like this, ever, please shout out! 🤗

It's really coming to be an impossible challenge.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity Sweetie... You don't have to actually GO to the stores anyore... You see, there's this thing now called the internet and it connects you to the stores websites (think catalog, only electronic), where you can search from the comfort of your man eating sofa... The worst that happens is you send it back, and heck, you already do that with the Q... Think Macy's, think Lord and Taylor... and so on...

Woman LOL 

All that said, you're probably going to have better tan choices come fall... Not seeing a lot of it out there right now...

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity  I was thinking about you a few days ago when I pulled my gorgeous Spanish made bag out of storage... Love that bag and haven't used it in forever... I thought it was more worn than it is, as it still looks pretty good... I seem to remember the straps never wanted to stay on my shoulders, but decided to shine up the leather and give it a go...