Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@handygal2   I'm sorry that it didn't work out.  I am convinced that parading around Macy's with a new bag is the only way to truly avoid risk. I got very lucky with the recent Dooney and Radley bag. I've sure sent back my share...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  @EdithEllenLily  @handygal2  @hicindy2  @Bird mama @skyblue    and all....

I could have sworn someone posted about the bag below.  But I can't find it now.  Isaw the bag presented yesterday and really liked it.  Am seriously thinking about ordering it.  If anyone has it ... what are your thoughts? TIA

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 8.36.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 8.36.39 AM.png

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb  @EdithEllenLily  @handygal2  @hicindy2  @Bird mama  and all....

I could have sworn someone posted about the bag below.  But I can't find it now.  Isaw the bag presented yesterday and really liked it.  Am seriously thinking about ordering it.  If anyone has it ... what are your thoughts? TIA

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 8.36.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 8.36.39 AM.png

@Boehm Collector : I believe it's Cindy @hicindy2 who has this bag in pink, and Birdie @Bird mama has it in tan. I think they're both happy with them.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector How is Mr. BC doing as he recovers from the surgery? I've been sending positive, healing thoughts! Hope he is doing better! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector   I have the beacon weave satchel in the chestnut brown color.  I love it Heart  I especially like the exterior pockets on the front and back.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Boehm Collector   I have the beacon weave satchel in the chestnut brown color.  I love it Heart  I especially like the exterior pockets on the front and back@@

@Boehm Collector   and I have the pink that you pictured and it carries well.  Great for this time of year Heart The pink portion of the bag is the matte Beacon leather.  Some customers worry about dents and dings.  It can happen, but so far so good !!

The European leather used in Beacon Collection is treated to repel water. 

This leather can usually be cleaned with the use of a soft cotton cloth slightly dampened with distilled water (sodium-free seltzer water may be substituted) and a mild bar soap, applied in a gentle circular motion. Repeat with distilled water only to ensure no residue soap remains. The leather should then be allowed to dry completely. 

No creams, polishes, cleansers, or leather conditioning agents should be applied to any portion of the leather.

No Image Found

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector I've not been a fan of these Beacon styles. Not that I didn't like them, just that I didn't find them to be anything special. That said, I saw someone carrying one of the several available satchel silhouettes and thought the bag was very appealing in person. I'm still not opting for one, but it was a nice looking bag... Did you have a specific color in mind?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb @Boehm Collector @handygal2 @hicindy2 @Bird mama @skyblue @jaxs mom @Blingqueen023 @1Professor @Roni18 @LIndaMJ @Serendipity and all

Thanks for your well wishes for my Mom a couple of weeks ago when she came down with the post viral bronchitis after having the flu. I am happy to report that Mom received the "all clear" report from her doctor today! She is back to her stronger self and has already told us which restaurant she wants to go to for lunch this weekend! Thanks again for your messages and good thoughts as she was recovering. Heart

I’m so glad to hear your mom is doing well! @EdithEllenLily 😊

@skyblue Thank you! Woman Happy And how are you doing, Sky?

Mom continues to improve, thanks to the physical therapy that was on hold while she was ill. Tomorrow is the last PT day already! She has the best physical therapist...the same one for the past four years. I've been taking copious notes, which I will type up so I can carry on and coach Mom with her exercises.

We had a great time out on Mother's Day with Mom, sister and her family. Mom made it down the ramp into the main dining room easily...no runaway Mommy going down the ramp and no tippy Mommy going back up, LOL. One of the nicest Mother's Days in a long time. Heart

But back to reality this week! After our weird April snow and May rain (it's supposed to be April showers leading to May flowers, geez), I'm finally getting some windows washed between rainy days. 

Image result for cartoon lady washing windows

And doing a lot of laundry...at Mom's and here, per usual...Woman Wink

Image result for cartoon lady washing windows

While I work, I'm thinking about my master list and considering which handbags, totes and accessories will be going out to my sister's house for the yearly yard sale. And I still have some things at the consignment shop, but not so many now having sold the bulk of what I was not going to use.

Always thinking of handbags...Woman Very Happy

That’s great news on all fronts! 👏🏻🙌🏻

I’m doing well! Thanks for asking!😊

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I received my Brahmin Brayden Serendipity Melbourne, and it's a no-go.  Woman Sad

The bag is very large, and is heavy and stiff, and feels like cardboard. It has no pliability, and is uncomfortable and unwieldly when carried on the shoulder-- especially with its 6 1/2" depth. Too bad, b/c the colors are beautiful. It would have worked better for me in a different, smaller silhouette, but the other styles offered in this color aren't for me. Disappointing!

I agree with those who said that Brahmins need to be seen in person before purchasing.  Woman Frustrated

IMG_1518.JPG

How disappointing! @handygal2 😢

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Chico's is having a 40 percent off sale -- go to the site for information.

Under Sale/Accessories I found this blue and white tote that you can wear two ways. You can get 40 percent off of the sale price by adding the code at checkout! Great for spring and summer! Woman Very Happy

Blue Floral Tote

Blue Floral Tote

This arrived today from Chico's and it is a WINNER!! It's now marked down to $35.99 if anyone is interested. It's substantial yet lightweight...not flimsy at all. Well made and no funny smells. Versatile in its style as you can see above. Woman Happy