Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector  @hicindy2  All of these Dooneys, to me, are more or less 'standard issue'... Nothing necessarily unappealing about them, but nothing to set them apart either...  None of them vying for my disposable income, such as it is...

Woman LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb   Dooney and I keep breaking up and making up. I do love my steel tassel tote and Beacon pink woven.  If that on sale tote at Macy's was really pale blue, I would grab it on and prolong my island stay.  

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  Sweetie, at this point, I think you might just as well consider the island your home sweet home... As for Dooney, yes, I agree... After years of them being in my personal dog house, I'm using the heck out of some of my Dooney bags... I stayed in that cute plaid satchel for weeks and weeks and only reluctantly changed out of it only to go into a Dooney canvas logo tote that's working pretty well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@stevieb   Dooney and I keep breaking up and making up. I do love my steel tassel tote and Beacon pink woven.  If that on sale tote at Macy's was really pale blue, I would grab it on and prolong my island stay.  

@hicindy2The price on this bag is a steal that's for sure.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  It's a pretty bag.  I tend to agree with @hicindy2 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I like that tote also. I think the bone is the prettiest and perfect for summer. However, the Beacon leather  (I know there's someone out there trying to correct me, but if I say that, you know what the Beacon leather is.) 

That particular leather dents and once you dent it, you cannot get the impressions or dents out. I saw a few Beacon collection pieces in TJ Maxx with dents. I had ordered a piece that came with a dent on the bottom. This concern about that particular leather is why I had cancelled my Beacon woven satchel. I like to use my bags. I already own a few that I have to baby. They are too expensive not to use. 

I really like the totes in the Beacon woven collection. The silhouette is perfect for spring summer--it has an "airiness" that you don't find in a more structured satchel. Also, the totes work better with relaxed silhouettes in summer clothing.

I don't know who came up with that "light taupe," but that looks definitely like a late summer/early fall combination. It definitely does look more of an elephant/mushroom.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

P.S. @JavaQueen   I know what you mean about the Beacon leather.  It has a smooth matte finish and it could dent. Have to weigh the pros and cons. Some of the bags in Macy's had the dings. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  Sweetie, at this point, I think you might just as well consider the island your home sweet home... As for Dooney, yes, I agree... After years of them being in my personal dog house, I'm using the heck out of some of my Dooney bags... I stayed in that cute plaid satchel for weeks and weeks and only reluctantly changed out of it only to go into a Dooney canvas logo tote that's working pretty well...

@stevieb : Do you ever wear the Dooney Sutton Hampshire? I think we both got one . . .

s-l300.jpg

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor   What did you think of the QVC Dooney patent bag? Did you return it?  What color was it ?

Dooney website has some spring mark downs

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 : Got it, returned it. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 11.01.41 AM.png

Got the pale blue. Well made, but just not interesting. So I bought the HSN Patricia Nash special, instead. (I do try to control my handbag purchases these days , . .)

Today, though, I am wearing Dooney, the Hattie drawstring, Florentine leather, with some old hipster vibe :

B1058D_SCNASCNA.jpeg