Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@Bird mama  Since I only have two weeks to play with it before I have to return it assuming I decide to do so, I should have set it up today but didn't. I'm planning to do it tomorrow. It's actually a 2 in 1 and can be a laptop or tablet. One of the things that appealed to me was the heavy duty hinge. All of my laptops have eventually come apart at the hinge and then the casing cracks. I don't think this will happen with the new one. It's also a touchscreen, which I've never owned. It is quite petite, lightweight and thin, which appeals on some levels but maybe not on others. The big question mark is that they don't use powerful processors in these machines and I cannot abide a slow computer. I'll let you know what I think.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb : You observed that there hasn't been much activity here lately. Well, you can always depend on me to change that!  Woman LOL

l ordered this Arcadia patent leather satchel, and received it today. I know you're a fan of this brand, and l've never seen one in person. I've been admiring it online for quite some time. Even though it's not the usual tote or hobo l favor, and doesn't have all the organization l like, it's so beautiful that l can overlook that. (There's no outside compartment-- although that would interfere with the clean lines-- and inside compartments on only one side). I like that it's made in Italy, not China. lol. It was a great price-- $100 from the TJX site. Notice that the stitching is white, and the edging on all of the trim is red-- great workmanship and attention to detail. I'm very impressed with this brand, although one item is enough for now!  Woman Very Happy

IMG_1469.JPG

@handygal2 I really like this Arcadia blue satchel you chose! I am fascinated with the Arcadia dotted patent leather. It's simply beautiful! And perhaps this is Mets blue? Woman Wink Enjoy it, EEL 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb Good luck setting up your Chromebook! Would you believe I had to edit my niece's English paper on Sunday after Easter dinner on a Chromebook? She had to help me figure out how to scroll down with two fingers on the "mouse" part...I was like...WHAT? She was cracking up. I went running home to my separate keyboard, monitor and regular mouse...Woman LOL The Chromebook looked to be a nice product...will be curious to see what you think.

Thanks for the mention of the FRYE black nylon tote at the Maxx. I hope to go spy around at some Maxx stores in a few days. I've been extremely maxed out with Mom again...her physical therapy has resumed after her illness so I go and watch the sessions and take notes so I can help her with the exercises after it's finished. Back to the black tote...I was hoping to find a lightweight black leather one but if I find the FRYE nylon tote at the Maxx, I will definitely check it out. Weight is key, so maybe nylon is the way to go. Thanks again...EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb : You observed that there hasn't been much activity here lately. Well, you can always depend on me to change that!  Woman LOL

l ordered this Arcadia patent leather satchel, and received it today. I know you're a fan of this brand, and l've never seen one in person. I've been admiring it online for quite some time. Even though it's not the usual tote or hobo l favor, and doesn't have all the organization l like, it's so beautiful that l can overlook that. (There's no outside compartment-- although that would interfere with the clean lines-- and inside compartments on only one side). I like that it's made in Italy, not China. lol. It was a great price-- $100 from the TJX site. Notice that the stitching is white, and the edging on all of the trim is red-- great workmanship and attention to detail. I'm very impressed with this brand, although one item is enough for now!  Woman Very Happy

IMG_1469.JPG

@handygal2 I really like this Arcadia blue satchel you chose! I am fascinated with the Arcadia dotted patent leather. It's simply beautiful! And perhaps this is Mets blue? Woman Wink Enjoy it, EEL 

@EdithEllenLily : It's almost Mets blue, just slightly darker, but not as dark as Yankees blue, lol. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@EdithEllenLily ,

Thank you so much for remembering me. I have been a little under the weather and must do a lot of catch up.

Warm  regards🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily ,

Thank you so much for remembering me. I have been a little under the weather and must do a lot of catch up.

Warm  regards🌻

@CHIP62 You're welcome! So sorry to hear you've been under the weather! I hope you are feeling better and I'm sending you a lot of positive healing wishes right now. Take Good Care, EEL Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@EdithEllenLily,

Just reading your kind note made my day🌻💐

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CHIP62  Hoping you're on the mend... Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb ,

Thank you so much for your kind message. I am doing better, with time and patience I will me my own self again.

Fondly🌻

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CHIP62   Good to hear you are feeling better. Spring is a mood "picker upper" too.  

If any Dooney lovers missed the popular Wakefield tote (I got the steel blue from Macy's), I Love Dooney has it for less than $100 in pretty Spring colors (and the classics too) 

Looking at you Coral !!

Also, like the nylon Hannah tote in Lipstick.  No dreaded red lining...