Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@hicindy2  No offense intended to anyone who has chosen it or who likes it, but I don't much care for the Dooney 'straw' motif bags. That aside, given QVC has offered the satchel, Dooney is offering the more boxy style satchel and HSN and others will be offering the tote, I'm assuming it'll be a big deal for them this spring. This is all a preface to my noting that while HSN continues to tease potential customers, by featuring the bag on several of its web pages, they are still apparently not offering it up for more detailed viewing... Another trick from the Q's bag of tricks... Interesting, though, is it appears to me based on a cursory look, given I'm not much interested in the brand, that HSN is actually offering a better selection of Dooney than is QVC... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On Dooney's own site, they did a Beacon Woven in a drawstring bag, for those that like the silhouette.

Large Drawstring

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hmmmm @Bird mama  I think the QVC satchel appears to be the best of the lot... Not loving the tote or the boxy satchel and not thinking the bucket bag profile in this material works well at all...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

I have to say that I really like the TSV satchel that I bought.  For me, the chestnut color combined with the weave (lol) just make the bag.  I already wrote a review and then I registered with Dooney.  Guess it's a keeper.

I was never one for bags the closed with a drawstring.  I think adding fabric to the leather looks odd, but to each her own.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

OOPS I did it again! I succumbed to Dooney. Checked out their website because of a sale notification, and I was a bad girl. 2, count 'em, 2 bags on Dooneypay. Free shipping, so that was good (I guess). I've always wanted a purple bag and there was a lovely one on sale - a beautiful shade! Then a large calf editor tote in what they are calling taupe but is more grayish in tone - but I love the style. So two colors I don't currently have.

Consignment shops in my area aren't taking Dooneys so I'll continue my sales on Poshmark, I guess, as I try to maintain a balanced "inventory."

Just when I had empty spaces on my shelves in the newly designed closet...

Who knows, perhaps I'll send one (or both) back when they arrive. Perhaps I will be disappointed. Perhaps I will be so overcome with guilt that there is no delight.

Or perhaps I will just up my game in the divestiture of items no longer worn or used as a way to make up for "going off the rails."

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@stevieb   I can't do that D&B pink lining no matter what !!

Something kind of new and fun over at Patricia Nash (Macy's) 

Crochet wooden frame satchel

Elegant crochet paper straws knitted in a Cuban floral pattern style this uniquely chic vintage-inspired frame satchel from Patricia Nash.

• Paper/leather; frame: wood
  • Large sized bag; 15-1/2"W x 8-1/4"H x 5"D

Radley London is featuring an online 40% off

This simple bag is nice for warmer weather if it ever gets here

Also, the bag that matches my QVC wallet is marked down

(LOVE my wallet) 

@hicindy2Why did you have to post that adorable Nash bag???  Just when I have been doing so good on my handbag ban!  

Just read an article this week on things that were collectible/going up in value and they had the Radley dog-themed bags listed.  The one you pictured is really cute.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

On Dooney's own site, they did a Beacon Woven in a drawstring bag, for those that like the silhouette.

Large Drawstring

@Bird mama : The shape of this one appears odd to me. It sort of reminds me of something designed to carry an oversized flask. Lol.

IMG_1402.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2  Smiley LOL I think the thing about this drawstring is it doesn't appear at all pliable... Most drawstring bags, in my experience, are flexible, while this one appears to be stiff as a board... Maybe in person it's not. Either way, I'm not much of a fan, overall, of bags with the drawstring silhouette...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2   I know...it is so different.  Rumor has it that Macy's will have a sales event soon.  

Honored Contributor

So I received a QVC email and noticed that the Weekly Special Value is a Baggallini with a coin purse, less than $40 with free shipping. But look at the dimensions: 1.5 inches deep is too narrow for me. 

• Includes bag and removable coin purse
  • Style: Horizon
  • Lightweight, water-resistant exterior; adjustable crossbody strap; two pleated front zipper pockets; zip top closure; matte silvertone hardware
  • Lined interior, elastic lipstick holder, zipper pocket on back wall, five card slots, two slot pockets
  • Measures approximately 10"W x 10-1/2"H x 1-1/2"D with a 27" to 54" adjustable strap drop
  • 100% nylon