Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

I received my long-awaited (almost 2 weeks) Dooney Camden Woven Hobo last evening, but unfortunately it’s not a keeper, even though l bought it at a great price ($75 off). Woman Sad

It’s a beautiful, sturdy, well-made bag. The problem is the size— it’s large! (And they even offer a larger version!) It’s more north/south than I’m accustomed to, and cavernous. The bottom is deep (6 1/4”) and stiff, making it cumbersome to carry on the shoulder. Also, the strap is thick and not terribly pliable. I don’t know if it would stay on my shoulder... Another case of: l wish l had been able to try it out in-person! 

@hicindy2 : You might like it in the crossbody version, which unfortunately would be too small for me. There’s no happy medium! Woman Frustrated

C3A4FC20-44FE-4EEE-92D7-8D4F89A780D9.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2   Oh dear, the Goldilocks problem.  Sometimes it takes forever to get the right size.  It is smart to return a bag instead of hoping it magically becomes "right". How many bags have we gifted or donated when the magic doesn't happen.  You are smart to be proactive. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 Too bad about the woven Dooney! Woman Frustrated To me it looks like that depth is a lot of the problem. Bags that stick out (and are not soft to slouch in a bit) do not work for me, either. Well, at least you tried it and now you know. Good luck with the refund process! 

Honored Contributor

Awww @handygal2   I'm sorry that the bag is not gonna work out.  

I bought the Lug Adagio bag and use it every day and thought, hmmm if only they would come out with a satchel.  Guess what, they came out with a satchel called the Presto 

Lug Bubble Quilted Crossbody with RFID - Presto - F13846

I said to myself, how fabulous a bag that has the same name as one of my birds.  The excitement was short lived when I read the measurements.  Geez, had it only been 2 inches wider I would have bought it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama + all

Lug is sending out Mystery Deal of the Day emails. Today's deal is the Caboose and it's 60% off at $56.00. Comes in Cranberry Red, Grass Green, Ocean Blue and Plum Purple. It's a large satchel. Looks nice.

Dimensions: 16"W x 11"H x 6.5"D
Weight: 2.5 lb
Strap Length: 29"
Shoulder/Strap Drop: 14" to 28"
Handle Drop: 12" 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing @EdithEllenLily   The caboose is too big for me Woman Very Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @Did youpurchase the new Prince 7 1/2 lb coffee table book, My Name is Prince”?

Honored Contributor

@skyblue  You betcha.  Because I don't want amazon to take over the world, lol, I pre ordered Randee St Nicholas' book through Barnes and Noble.  Of course this means they will strap it to the back of three turtles (because it's so heavy) and send the trio on it's way to me.

It took them awhile to get me the Prince 'memoir' The Beautiful Ones and I pre-ordered that one in April.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama  Speaking of Amazon taking over the world, they have a line designed in France no less:  Maison d'Hermine with some fun stuff. Made in India which is OK by meHeart

Travel Duffle

Maison d' Hermine Eden Cotton Travel Duffel Bag (Eden - Yellow)

I like the dish towels for Spring 

Maison d' Hermine Birdies on Wire 100% Cotton Set of 2 Pot Holders 8 Inch by 8 Inch

My Corelle

Terrazzo Azul 16-piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4

Tablecloth for Fall

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2    Love them all! Dashing off to Amazon . . .