Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Brutal weather here too. It's been a rather typical summer, so far, though a bit more wet and now it's gone well beyond being merely unpleasantly hot and humid to down right despicable... It was 96 yesterday not even considering humidity. I had errands to run but ended up skipping a few of them because it was just too oppressive. I've been to the pool only a few times this year and will not go when it's this unpleasant. I guess the wait for fall has shifted into high gear. 

Brutal here too. “Real feel” temp is 100 now. The upcoming weekend is expected to be even worse. Woman Surprised

Oh my... I don't think I can handle it getting much worse... I just walked outside to see and it's repugnant out there... I remember when I used to like Summer, but that too is becoming a distant memory...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I love ELO @handygal2 and it looks like the set hit almost all of their high points. I got their box set a while back and listen to it often... Ahhhh youth... Their music brings back fond memories...

@stevieb : Indeed... They played all of their “greatest hits” except Strange Magic.

@handygal2 Ooh and I love that one... Wonder why they skipped it... Personally, would rather hear that than yet another rendition of Roll Over Beethoven, a song I've never particularly liked... A few others they might have skipped, too, in favor of adding that one... Still, an overall really good set...

@stevieb : I agree... Roll Over Beethoven was the encore, and l wasn’t going  to stay for the encore anyway, so l felt that l didn’t miss much.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I see ELO was here on the 11th... Guess I missed that... Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I love ELO @handygal2 and it looks like the set hit almost all of their high points. I got their box set a while back and listen to it often... Ahhhh youth... Their music brings back fond memories...

@stevieb : Indeed... They played all of their “greatest hits” except Strange Magic.

@handygal2 Ooh and I love that one... Wonder why they skipped it... Personally, would rather hear that than yet another rendition of Roll Over Beethoven, a song I've never particularly liked... A few others they might have skipped, too, in favor of adding that one... Still, an overall really good set...

@stevieb : I agree... Roll Over Beethoven was the encore, and l wasn’t going  to stay for the encore anyway, so l felt that l didn’t miss much.

@handygal2  Don't blame you... Something else that comes with age... Kudos to you for going at all... The hassle of dealing with 'mass' events is something I rarely have the motivation to do these days... The getting there, the parking, the crowds, and so on... It has to be REALLY worth it...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2  Don't blame you... Something else that comes with age... Kudos to you for going at all... The hassle of dealing with 'mass' events is something I rarely have the motivation to do these days... The getting there, the parking, the crowds, and so on... It has to be REALLY worth it...

@stevieb : This one WAS worth the hassle. But it might be my last hurrah, lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2  I stay so out of the loop. I guess it's intentional, but do wish I'd known about their DC show... I probably could have cajoled someone into going... Large parts of the DC Metro, (never a sure deal in the first place), are shut down right now, so it would have requried someone driving... DC is just a dreadful city to navigate... I guess most of them are...

Honored Contributor

I just looked at the daily forecast online for WXYZ weather and had to laugh.  They usually add some kind of comment like sunny, mostly cloudy, rain, etc.

Thursday and Friday are identified as HOT. 

Guess that says it all, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 Oh man, it would be so fun to see ELO! I saw some single regularly priced tickets in sections but that means Mr. L would be a few rows away and we would both meet new friends, LOL. Either that or pay the jacked-up prices. I'll let you know if we go but it doesn't look likely. I'm so glad you saw them!! The light show looked spectacular and the concert looked like such a great time!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 Oh man, it would be so fun to see ELO! I saw some single regularly priced tickets in sections but that means Mr. L would be a few rows away and we would both meet new friends, LOL. Either that or pay the jacked-up prices. I'll let you know if we go but it doesn't look likely. I'm so glad you saw them!! The light show looked spectacular and the concert looked like such a great time!! Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily : I don’t think you’d want to sit separately and pay inflated prices! Woman Sad

You can see videos of the concert. Many are already available on you tube.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 Found the videos! Thanks, EEL Woman Happy