Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@hicindy2 wrote:

New Radley London oilskin bags / accessories here at QVC.  Should be ideal for bad weather. Just looking...no more bags for me until February at the soonest. That's my pledge.

RADLEY London Leopard Oilskin Large Ziptop Tote - A440795

RADLEY London Leopard Oilskin Large Zip AroundMatinee - A440659

RADLEY London Leopard Oilskin Small Ziptop Pouch - A440661

@hicindy2  These are sort of interesting looking... Now, as for that February pledge, well, good luck with that...

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  These are sort of interesting looking... Now, as for that February pledge, well, good luck with that...

@stevieb   yep, it is right up there with the diet plan for January. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@jaxs mom : You haven’t been around here for awhile. I hope all is well.

@handygal2  It has been a while... I do note she posted on another thread just a week or so ago, so hoping that means all is well too...

@stevieb : Thanks for reporting that... What about @Serendipity ? Has anyone seen her around these parts?

@handygal2 Serendipity is going through a personal situation and thought she would be back in the New Year. @Serendipity She has been reading and gave me hearts recently, which I very much appreciated. Heart

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@jaxs mom : You haven’t been around here for awhile. I hope all is well.

@handygal2  It has been a while... I do note she posted on another thread just a week or so ago, so hoping that means all is well too...

@stevieb : Thanks for reporting that... What about @Serendipity ? Has anyone seen her around these parts?

@handygal2 Serendipity is going through a personal situation and thought she would be back in the New Year. @Serendipity She has been reading and gave me hearts recently, which I very much appreciated. Heart

@stevieb , @EdithEllenLily : Thanks for your replies... Hi, @Serendipity . I hope you’re doing well.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Saffiano leather.... any opinions?  

Is it stiff as a board?

Is it really shiny or glossy?

Dooney needs to stop sending me their emails , lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Saffiano leather.... any opinions?  

Is it stiff as a board?

Is it really shiny or glossy?

Dooney needs to stop sending me their emails , lol.

@Bird mama My very well built Henri Bendel satchels were saffiano leather and were not shiny or glossy. I could be out in a pouring down rainstorm and all I had to do was wipe them dry afterward and they looked like new. I've never had Dooney saffiano. I think I read that if you get a dent in saffiano, it's hard and maybe not possible to make it smooth again. I carried those satchels for a few years and am now 'over' saffiano. They had a time and place -- and they served me well. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  I really like saffiano and have found it's reasonably forgiving. Like @EdithEllenLily, I've not found it shiny nor does it tend to have a high gloss. It is structured, but I've not found it unduly stiff. That said, it's not squishy like pebble leather or some other kinds of leathers. I like the textured look it offers. My experience with this leather treatment is mostly with the Lauren brand. I don't think I have any Dooney saffiano, but from what I've seen it's all more or less similar among good brands. It is a good choice for winter weather.

I stopped those emails a few years ago...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama   I thought the Saffiano Camden tote looked nice in the black.  Has the new striped interior and the duck. I've seen the Saffiano at Macy's, but never purchased.   Lighter weight too I imagine. 

The polyvinyl-coated leather is generally water repellent and should repel most soil.

Should the surface become soiled, cleaning should be done with a soft cotton cloth or soft toothbrush slightly dampened with distilled water (sodium-free seltzer water may be substituted) and a mild bar soap, applied in a circular motion. Repeat with distilled water only to ensure no residual soap remains. The material should then be allowed to dry completely.

No creams, polishes, cleansers, or leather conditioning agents should be applied to any portion of the leather.

Festive plaid Erica on sale too

The nylon Wayfarer tote has worked well for me this rainy December. On sale also

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama : Another vote for saffiano leather— I’ve been a fan for a long time. I have a few saffiano summer totes in light colors, which are perfect in this type of leather. It seems to repel dirt, and color transfer from denim. And no stains, or water spots from rain. I don’t think it looks cheap or plasticky, as long as it’s a good quality. Mine are Kate Spade, and Brahmin. One caveat: you have to like structured bags, or this type of leather isn’t for you. While not stiff, it isn’t terribly pliable either.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama The VB Grand Traveler is marked down today. I can't remember the name of the VB you recently ordered. If it's this one, call for the price reduction credit as I imagine it's been less than 30 days since you have received the product. 

Several colors! Woman Happy

A370852
Vera Bradley Signature Print Grand Traveler