Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

Well @stevieb apology accepted. Don't worry about me -- I'm tough, though I don't know about poor Rainbow Brite. I was surprised to see the posts, especially considering that a few years ago we thought it would be better to have the separate MZW threads, knowing you don't care for the brand...hoping we all can move on down the handbag road.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Well @stevieb apology accepted. Don't worry about me -- I'm tough, though I don't know about poor Rainbow Brite. I was surprised to see the posts, especially considering that a few years ago we thought it would be better to have the separate MZW threads, knowing you don't care for the brand...hoping we all can move on down the handbag road.

@EdithEllenLily  Agreed and that's why I didn't post on that thread. While my opinion was of an item and not the brand, choosing not to infiltrate the fan thread with a critical view seemed fair... There was no intent to criticise a personal choice, but hope we all reserve the right to express authentic opinions... I know I've posted bags that are head-shakers for others and don't mind hearing alternative points of view... 

Woman Wink

Segueing into less sensitive subject matter... I wanted to draw your attention to two long series of wonderful books by Miss Read (yes, that's really the author's moniker)... These are utterly charming accounts of village life in the Cotswolds. They aren't mysteries but are addictive, easy, pleasurable reading about the folks inhabiting Thrush Green and Fairacre... Best read in order... I think your mother might really enjoy these books... I discovered them at the library and have made my way through many of them, finding them infinitely enjoyable and reflective of a gentler way of life...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb I do wish moving forward that we keep our handbag and accessories comments to the ones we talk about here in the Bag Dames thread...if you are going to take an item from the MZW thread and insult it here, especially considering that at least four of your Bag Dame friends (@hicindy2 @Serendipity @skyblue and me) like MZW and post on those other MZW threads, that is just not very nice. Certainly we like other brands and enjoy finding out about them here -- sales included! We've also developed fun, fond friendships, so I hope we can continue sharing and visiting here. You know you mean a lot to me. And thank you for the new book recommendations for my Mom...I will look them up. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  For the sake of clarity, would you have preferred I go onto the MZW thread to indicate my critical opinion of the item referenced? I suspect, but could be wrong, that no matter where I might have posted my opinion it would not have been welcome. Realizing your sensitivity, I don't often comment about MZW, though, in fairness, a thorough review of posts on this thread would indicate a fair number of references to the brand. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Considering you don't like the brand, I'm surprised that you read the other thread in the first place. Why get yourself all wound up? It just seems like you want to stir up the pot regarding a brand that we like. To post insulting comments, prefaced with apologies, and then to write an apology afterward seems much. As this is a message board full of opinions, you know you can post your opinions anywhere.

Honored Contributor

There is an extra 30 percent off with the code on the page at ilovedooney, and it makes this Collins Hobo around 100 dollars! Six colors, here are two of them. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One wonders when QVC will quit shooting themselves in the foot with their shipping charges... This AK bag is a 'special' today and even though, to me, the price isn't stellar, at about a hundred and twenty it isn't awful either... The kicker, of course, is they still want twelve more bucks to ship it... To me, that makes it no longer 'special'... At the very least, their daily forays into 'special' sale merchandise should either be very reduced or free shipping...

Three colors still available in this one: aqua, silver metallic and pink...

Aimee Kestenberg Leather Satchel - Feel the Energy - A366011

Honored Contributor

@1Professor  @MsLomo While I doubt you've both been waiting with bated breath... I recall you both inquired about the unveiling of my Michael Kors satchel in orange... I'm not buying as many bags these days, though I have been somewhat more remiss in monitoring my bag acquisition habits this holiday... but I digress... Anyway, because I'm not the prolific shopper I once was, I opted to wrap the bag up as a 'from me - to me' Christmas present and will advise you both of my findings when I tear open the package... 

Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb Considering you don't like the brand, I'm surprised that you read the other thread in the first place. Why get yourself all wound up? It just seems like you want to stir up the pot regarding a brand that we like. To post insulting comments, prefaced with apologies, and then to write an apology afterward seems much. As this is a message board full of opinions, you know you can post your opinions anywhere.

@EdithEllenLily  For the record, I may be pretty much over my handbag fixation, but I often look at all the handbag threads... My comment was not to stir the pot about a brand, Rather, it was an observation about a single item... If Chanel offered that pattern, I'd still feel the same... I know this is a busy time for us all and one during which we should minimize angst where we can... So in that happy spirit of the holidays, I agree, moving on to less tenuous subject matter is the way to go...

Woman Wink

Do check out the books for your mother. I feel certain she'd enjoy them...

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

For anyone seeking one of the, perhaps, more esoteric bags from Nash, this one is also a special today, though at $103 and another 10+ to ship, not sure how truly 'special' it is... Available in this floral and in a 'toast' brown...

Patricia Nash Tapestry Dome Bag - Medola - A352255