Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@hicindy2 Yay about adding more Lenox Balsom Lane and glad Mr. HC likes the pattern! I'm thinking about getting another set of four so we have a set of eight in case the family all comes over here. 

Honored Contributor

The same to you @EdithEllenLily   Tomorrow I will be cleaning the house and making a quick trip to the grocery store for just a couple of things like spinach dip, pumpernickle bread, cranberry/walnut/pineapple salad and stacy's pita chips.  Oh yea I need some paper towel too Woman Very Happy

I'll be up early on Thursday making 3 different variations of devilled eggs.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@stevieb Regarding Christmas, I am the same as you with the tree up but it's not decorated. Boxes containing ornaments and decorations are waiting to be opened. I went and copied the holiday letters (Mom's and ours) today, and also found some Christmas cards for Mom to send out. I have some cards I found on Zulily a year or so ago so I'm all set. The guest room looks like Santa's workshop with presents and wrapping materials everywhere. After Thanskgiving I will get busy in earnest on Christmas. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb   Getting off of dead center or getting my rear into gear is the hardest part Woman Very Happy  Once I get going, I stay going.  We had some nice weather last week and I found reasons to not hang those lights up on the front porch.  In my defense it was a nice temp but it was raining.

Sunday it was nice outside and I did the front yard leaves one more time.  I have neighbors around me who never raked so what was on the front yard didn't come from my tree.  It was near 50 and since the lawnmower fired up, I used it like a vacuum.  Easier on my shoulders that way even if I have to empty the bagger more often.

When I saw how pretty is was yesterday I thought, Bernie you won't get this again, so it's today or never Woman Tongue 

It's nice again today so I made a run over to the pet cemetery to put out the two new seasonal solar lights on the grave.  Might as well do it while I get get the stake in the ground.

@Bird mama  Well, the good news is the painter finally showed up at nearly 1130, asking if he could finish the job after Thanksgiving. I made it clear I was a bit annoyed but that actually was much better for me, so I agreed. Asking earlier might have been nice, but it did free me up to run errands and it was a lovely day here... I got a lot done... 

I know exactly what you mean about getting started... It's the hardest part and even once I get going I take lots of breaks... No wonder I'm rarely done with a minute to spare... Every year I hope to break the pattern and I think I actually did once or twice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  Three different versions of deviled eggs... Really...

Woman LOL

I do love deviled eggs and haven't made them in ages... As I recall, mine were pretty darned good... Maybe I'll put some together for Christmas... I don't have some of the ingredients to make them for Thanksgiving and prefer not to have to go to the store again tomorrow since I ended up going today...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  I made cranberry sauce (pecans instead of walnuts, being a Belle...) Christmas before last... It's so yummy and I don't even like cranberries... I'd never actually put in ON a turkey sandwich until a few years ago... It really is delicious that way... The Mt. Vernon Inn has the best cranberry chutney... We don't go there much for holidays anymore, though it's still enjoyable for the occasional lunch... I wish they sold that stuff in their gift shop...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb The cranberry on the turkey sandwich would be a treat!! Turkey sandwiches can be so very boring. They need to be jazzed up like that! Sounds very yummy!! Woman Very Happy

P.S. Off to watch the past two days of the B&B story...catching up everywhere! 

Honored Contributor

Best wishes to all of my handbag friends.

34A4F84E-E0A0-4DD1-8F4B-DAEEB4A5E003.png

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Just a thought to anyone who makes some kind of cranberry salad.  It tastes wonderful on vanilla ice cream.

Your welcome Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Yay, Northern California FINALLY got some much needed rain. We have vowed not to complain; not one little peep.

Well, I almost made it.  Coach Outlet taunted me with a Taylor tote (my fave) in the lovely washed red at 60% off and free shipping. In person, it is just like a Bobbi Brown pot rouge. Woman Wink

I crumbled like a...well, you know. 

Have a safe and lovely Turkey Day my friends.