Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

So, how's everybody doing with Christmas... I put the tree up last night... Started 'pulling it out' today... It's lit but not decorated... I guess I need to get it in gear, but it just seems impossible that it's that time of year again already... But it is and the place is a mess... Gladly, gifting is minimal these days so shopping isn't an issue... I don't miss the days of going overboard, either with gifts or decorating, but do sort of miss the days of more folks being around... 

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

73500c7b9379aad9d05be90a18ced3ce.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb ... haven't done any decorating yet.  But I did purchase a new artificial tree for my office,  That may go up next week.   We are going to a tree farm on December 8th to buy the Christmas Tree for our home.  So that will go up and be decorated on the 8th.  That is also the day I will begin to decorate the house.   I have been working on purchasing Christmas gifts for the past few weeks.  Still not done though.  There are a couple people on my list who are extremely difficult to buy for,  As a last resort I will get gift cards ... but would prefer not to do so.   

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  my sister is coming over to my house for Thanksgiving.  She's cooking some food and bringing it, I'm cooking some food.  I bought a turkey breast last Thanksgiving and neither one of us were thrilled with it.  It had nothing to do with my cooking abilities - just tasted a little gamey. 

It was nice here yesterday so I strung up the Christmas lights on the front porch.  Didn't decorate the yard light post yet.  I will do that day after Thanksgiving.  I'm not putting the tree up until the day after Thanksgiving.  I don't care how late Thanksgiving comes in November, I usually keep my tree and stuff up until Feast of Three Kings anyway Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb ... haven't done any decorating yet.  But I did purchase a new artificial tree for my office,  That may go up next week.   We are going to a tree farm on December 8th to buy the Christmas Tree for our home.  So that will go up and be decorated on the 8th.  That is also the day I will begin to decorate the house.   I have been working on purchasing Christmas gifts for the past few weeks.  Still not done though.  There are a couple people on my list who are extremely difficult to buy for,  As a last resort I will get gift cards ... but would prefer not to do so.   

@Boehm Collector  Good luck finishing up the shopping. I only give gifts to a few people and am pretty much done. I do remember how hard it could be to find something for those one or two people that presented a challenge... And I agree... Although a number of folks have come to actually prefer them it seems, I prefer not to give gift cards as an only gift. I will sometimes tuck one into a stocking or give one with something a little more personal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb  my sister is coming over to my house for Thanksgiving.  She's cooking some food and bringing it, I'm cooking some food.  I bought a turkey breast last Thanksgiving and neither one of us were thrilled with it.  It had nothing to do with my cooking abilities - just tasted a little gamey. 

It was nice here yesterday so I strung up the Christmas lights on the front porch.  Didn't decorate the yard light post yet.  I will do that day after Thanksgiving.  I'm not putting the tree up until the day after Thanksgiving.  I don't care how late Thanksgiving comes in November, I usually keep my tree and stuff up until Feast of Three Kings anyway Woman Happy

@Bird mama  It was pretty here yesterday and so far is gorgeous here today. I'd like to be out running errands but am waiting for the painter, which should pretty much kill the day, darn it... I didn't much feel like running errands yesterday, but had I remembered he was due today would have pushed myself out the door, since I don't want to be near a grocery store tomorrow, though it appears it'll be unavoidable...

Have done turkey breasts a few times in the crock pot and in the oven, but they do vary greatly... Sometimes they're good and sometimes not so great...

My tree, etc., too will stay up through Epiphany, but I just needed to get moving on something and since the tree is stored and has to be put together and so on, that seemed like a good place to start... I thought about just doing the table top tree this year and sort of wish I had... As far as it goes I still might and put this one back in the box... Every year I contemplate whether to do a tree at all... Sort of tired of the process, but do enjoy looking at them when they're done...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am doing a simple Nordic theme this year:  

Lenox (added more).  Mr. HC liked them a lot

These guys on the firplace mantel

Juegoal Christmas Plush Gnome Santa Handmade Scandinavian Swedish Tomte, Elf Toy Holiday Present, Winter Table Christmas Decorations, Set of 3

Fresh garland on the mantel (no tree)

CraftMore Christmas Smokey Pine and Red Berry Garland 6 Feet

Cheery Pendleton Throw

Jim Shore hanging from my wrought iron lamp

Enesco Jim Shore 6004233 Nordic Noel 3pc Mini Hanging Ornaments,Resin, Multi Colour, One Size

Done !!

I do miss working in San Francisco during the holidays.

I do not miss working till 10PM at the Bank due to year end deadlines and eating yogurt and trail mix at my desk. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   Getting off of dead center or getting my rear into gear is the hardest part Woman Very Happy  Once I get going, I stay going.  We had some nice weather last week and I found reasons to not hang those lights up on the front porch.  In my defense it was a nice temp but it was raining.

Sunday it was nice outside and I did the front yard leaves one more time.  I have neighbors around me who never raked so what was on the front yard didn't come from my tree.  It was near 50 and since the lawnmower fired up, I used it like a vacuum.  Easier on my shoulders that way even if I have to empty the bagger more often.

When I saw how pretty is was yesterday I thought, Bernie you won't get this again, so it's today or never Woman Tongue 

It's nice again today so I made a run over to the pet cemetery to put out the two new seasonal solar lights on the grave.  Might as well do it while I get get the stake in the ground.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

J Jill online sale: for a festive touch 

Plaid tote

Image for Tartan Plaid Tote

Pouch

Image for Tartan Plaid Pouch

Scarf

Image for Tartan Plaid Fringed Scarf

Pendleton Holiday Cheer

ADDITIONAL VIEW OF BUFFALO CHECK ZIP POUCH IN RED/BLACK OMBRE

Honored Contributor

Image result for Happy Thanksgiving Friends

Image result for Happy Thanksgiving Friends

Wishing the handbag friends a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Tomorrow I'll be making those rich, layered cookie bars and sorting the fresh Ocean Spray cranberries in preparation for baking them early on Thursday morning with sugar, orange marmalade and whole walnuts. There has been so much going on I haven't had enough time to post...thinking of you all and hoping you have a nice holiday. Woman Happy