Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@skyblue   Barnes and Noble did much better this time around shipping the My Name is Prince photo book by Randee St. Nicholas.  It came out on Tuesday and I received it today.  Short of making sure it had been packaged well and shrinked wrapped I had to put it aside (in a drawer) because it's a Christmas present from me to me Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So, Dooney and Bourke is starting their Black Friday sales today.  I received an email about 30% off.  I think the coupon code is BlackFriday.

I was looking at the satchels as I often do Woman Wink and I went back to the nylon style D&B calls the Wayfarer.  30% off will make a person reevaluate a bag.  I thought about the zipper concern (not extended far enough) expressed by the reviewers on Dooney's site and QVC's site.  QVC calls it the Camden satchel.

As I was looking at Dooney's site, I noticed the Camden satchel in Saffiano leather.  I've never had a bag made of Saffiano leather and it looks kinda shiny to me.  Guess I'm a pebble or matte leather kinda gal.

I need to get to the point of my rambling Woman Happy  I was somewhat surprised that Dooney kept with the same pattern for this Saffiano bag, considering the lousy reviews and returns that came from the nylon bag (Wayfarer there, Camden here) with the same zipper design.

I know nothing about handbag manufacturing so maybe the designs were finalized and the production contracts were in place for the Saffiano bag before customers returned the nylon bags with the zipper issues.

It's a shame because I think the silhouette could have worked for alot of people if the zipper pull had been extended beyond the edge of the bag.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama   I got the same Dooney email.  I keep staring at the blue suede. I would fret about setting it down etc.I always have gone with pebble till we got our woven satchel. Really like that one. My "go to" is the small pebble Lexi, but I am not nuts about the red lining and the metal badge. 

Geez, I had 40 emails in my in-box this morning and I have unsubscribed to many others.  Getting crazy out there. 

Awww...that color

Hobo

Still like that Duck bag too as a novelty bag.  Mr HC likes it and he rarely likes anythingHeart

I bought this Wayfarer Dooney nylon tote at Macy's and I like it.  Super mark down at the time. Good for rainy days if it ever starts again in California. 

Dooney & Bourke Wayfarer Nylon Zip Tote

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not a fan of THE HOLIDAY, but I get invitations that I can't ignore.  Got some melamine trays (Lenox from Amazon) and I am going to the bakery for fancy cookies to put on it.  And, get some of the cellophane wrap.  So proud of myself  !!

Lenox 870018 Holiday Melamine Rectangle Tray with Handles

Clear Basket Bags, 10 Pack Large Clear Cellophane Wrap for Baskets & Gifts 24"x30" 1.5 Mil Thick (10)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

On the Dooney site, one real bargain is the Richmond pebble leather tote.  It is marked down AND you can use the code so the price is under $150. That Leaf is a great color. 78 positive reviews. 

One inside zip pocket. Two inside pockets. Cell phone pocket. Inside key hook. Handle drop length 10". Lined. Zip closure. Feet. Approximately measures H 10.5" x W 4" x L 12" and weighs 1lb 16oz.

Richmond with Coin Case

Oakdale Zip Zip is snazzy too. Very high end looking. 

Wow, this Florentine satchel is a SUPER deal too.  So classic...

OK, back to reality:

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

One last thing, then I'll go do some work already.  Dillard's has a new Patricia Nash Scarlet Bloom collection. 

Patricia Nash Scarlet Bloom Collection Poppy Leather Tote Bag

Patricia Nash Scarlet Bloom Collection Valentia Bi-Fold Wristlet Wallet

Patricia Nash Scarlet Bloom Collection Antilly Leather Sling Bag

Her website has the "Lechelle" that I like.  Sort of a crossover satchel/tote in just rich leather. 

Lechelle Satchel - Heritage - Lechelle Satchel - Heritage

Lechelle Satchel - Heritage 4

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 @Bird mama @handygal2 @EdithEllenLily @stevieb  + all

Wow. 30% off can make a gal take a look!

These textured zip zip satchels are tempting me [ostrich, lizard, croc]:

B2343G_1CMDPABM0001.jpeg

B2343G_LZGYPATNM000.jpeg

B2343G_OTGYPATN.jpeg

B2343G_OTMSPABM.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@1Professor  Nice bags... Where did we see these available...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  This Mrs. Santa is wonderful.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor  Nice bags... Where did we see these available...?

@stevieb   Dooney online with a special code Woman Happy

@Bird mama  alerted us this morning.