Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily   I should have stuck a ruler in it before I started shoveling.  It was a wet kind of snow when it was falling.  Because the driveway and sidewalks had residual warmth, there was snow on top and slush underneath it.  I have a huge Ariens snowblower that would not have made a difference.  The auger would have picked it up but it was the kind of snow that wouldn't 'throw'.  It was a little heavy to move.  i'll have to watch the news tonight for the snow totals.

Now the bitter cold is rolling in.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

A messy rain and snow mix forecast here tomorrow, but colder... Today was a balmy 67 degrees and mostly sunny, so I ran errands... Don't mind it getting colder but that sloppy mix is for the birds. Heck, I'd rather it just be snow, but doubt there'll be any accumulation...

So... You know you're a recovering bag junkie when... you regularly stop at the local hospital gift show because they have very cute 'fashion' bags at good prices... I know... I know... but they do... They also have some nice jewelry, gift items, accessories, seasonal items and edibles... For example, one of the few places that stocks gourmet chocolate covered pecans around holiday time... I bought two bags and will probably go back for more... Oh my, they are so good... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb 67 degrees for you today!! Woman Surprised Lucky girl, and great day for your errands, bag 'looking' and finding delicious treats that are good for you (moderation in everything, right?). Have a good night...Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb 67 degrees for you today!! Woman Surprised Lucky girl, and great day for your errands, bag 'looking' and finding delicious treats that are good for you (moderation in everything, right?). Have a good night...Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily  The weather today was a bit of a warm-up, as we've actually been having fall weather, which I relish...

Yes, moderation... right... 

Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   Very nice.  I have four of each for light snacks and desserts. Our neighbors came over with homemade brownies and they were perfect for that.  

They have another nice pattern called Frosted Pines.  Shouldn't even look .....Amazon has it (of course they do) 

This one speaks to me!🍽😍

Honored Contributor

So far, another innaccurate forecast from the always dicey weather gurus here in our nation's qwapitol. Nary a sprinkle or flurry, but it's very blustery and quite cool. Glad there's been no rain so far, but wouldn't have minded seeing a little snow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the local news stations is saying DC saw it's first snowfall of the season, so a handful of flakes must've fallen somewhere... I guess I missed them...

Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I'd like to know how weather, in this case snow, can be one thing in one state, but right across the state line it's different?  

We live in north central North Carolina.  When I looked at the weather radar there was snow all along the NC/VA line in VA, but right across that line in NC it rained!  How does the weather know where the state line is? LOL!    Mysterious! 

Honored Contributor

Does anybody know... Does QVC actually sell this pretty satchel shown on their homepage or is this yet another of the seek but ye shall not find items...

Create a Wish List — Save all your faves (and share 'em with friends).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I'd like to know how weather, in this case snow, can be one thing in one state, but right across the state line it's different?  

We live in north central North Carolina.  When I looked at the weather radar there was snow all along the NC/VA line in VA, but right across that line in NC it rained!  How does the weather know where the state line is? LOL!    Mysterious! 

@this is my nic  It's crazy. I'm near DC and I didn't see so much as a flake... That said, I'm about five miles from my mother and it can be pouring down rain here and completely dry there... and a few miles in another direction they're getting snow... Go figure...