Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@EdithEllenLily  Yea, not sure what happened with her August shows, TiVo showed two set to record but one must have gotten cancelled or something because it was a different show that recorded. And that second one was just clearance items like you said. I hope she brings some new things. Or even better, that more goes on clearance lol. . 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Thank you all for the condolences. 

@stevieb  The kid is dying to take around to her favorite thrift shops there so I might bring an empty suitcase lol

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Thank you all for the condolences. 

@stevieb  The kid is dying to take around to her favorite thrift shops there so I might bring an empty suitcase lol

Once you've been you'll have to let me know the good ones... Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Just checking in, my MIL died a few weeks ago so had to go to CA. I do have positive info to share, Mr Jax has been in his meds for 2 months and he’s now acting normal and out of the cone. It’s only been a few days since I felt safe to take it off but he hasn’t tried to attack himself once, he grooms his tail and even when I brush him he isn’t getting the back tremors. So that is a huge relief. 

Im not caught up on posts, I hope everyone is doing well. 

My deepest condolences on the loss of your MIL! @jaxs mom 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom : My condolences as well, on the passing of your MIL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Well, I got the call from my dentist yesterday and the pre-auth for the crown (not the core build up) was approved.  Apparently core build up is becoming an abused procedure code billed by dentists and this is the second time the core build up (for replacement crown or bridge) has been rejected on dental work for me.  I didn't appeal the core build up on the replacement bridge and I'm not going to appeal the core build up on the replacement crown. 

I'm just grateful that I will be able to get it done before my dental COBRA coverage runs out.

I have an appointment for October 10th and the COBRA coverage lasts until Halloween.  How's that for cutting it close Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama   My dental consultation on the implant is next Tuesday.  Really going to clip my spending wings.  Oh well..

Macy's is up to their happy little sales treats

Coach Taylor Tote in Peacock is lovely for Fall

and Vintage Mauve

Colorblocked Satchel

Cute Tumi Xbody bags in Midnight

Radley Picture bags

Multidog tote

Multiway Satchel

Sleek Patricia Nash Tote

Popular Prairie Rose

and the new Tapestry

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here at QVC, I love the Dooney Charleston shopper, but the S&H is the buzz killer.  

Dooney & Bourke Pebble Leather Charleston Shopper - A369616

Almost time to bring out my Tassel Tote (good scaled down bag for petites) 

My easy peasy Dooney nylon tote is on sale again at Macy's.  I have the navy and there is also black.  

Dooney & Bourke Wayfarer Nylon Zip Tote

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the Lug Adagio Quilted Bag  this afternoon.

I'm pleased to report that the Q photographers did a great job with this bag.  My bag matches the color as shown in the photo for the item.

I'm conditioned to having the zip pocket on the back wall of a handbag and the slip pockets on the front wall of a handbag.

I consider the quilted side of the bag to be the front so I was thrown by the zip pocket on the front wall and the slip pockets on the back wall.

I put the Lodis pouch (TSV from a few years ago) in the main compartment of the bag and put my small wallet and lodis change purse in the zip compartment on the front of the bag. 

I still have an empty outside back slip pocket and the front compartment that closes with the key lock closure.

While my preference will always be a bag with a strong east/west shape, I have to say, all my items fit in the adagio with some room to spare.

I'd say it's a keeper.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Congratulations on your fabulous new handbag! Quilted, such fun.

Commisserations on your dental-work issues. It seems like no dental plan really covers much of the massive dental work we eventually will need . . . so, financial pain as well as the procedural pain. Utterly unwelcome. Utterly unavoidable.