Respected Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Bird mama @hicindy2 @handygal2 + all

Today, Saturday, I drove to the fabulous San Francisco Premium Outlets (only 22 minutes away, but haven't been all year).

The excuse (need) was that I accidentally abused my Le Creuset sunburst tea kettle. I need tea, it had to be replaced. Le Creuset outlet—a joy.

That required me to walk past the Dooney outlet.

Yee gads. Tables of Florentine bags, many colors and styles. Ostrich. Satchels galore. A giant section of Clearance (way lower than 50%.)

A large Hattie drawstring, Florentine, chestnut, leapt into my arms.

(Reduced by $250. Sigh.)

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 5.09.01 PM.png

As penance, and to keep my handbag world in balance, I packed up and returned my Aimee Kestenberg (which wasn't nearly as fabulous).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor   After living in Fremont for 25 years, really miss Bay Area shopping.  Thanks for sharing your fun experience and enjoy your fabulous find !!

Went to a Lodi winery and stocked up.  Known for rich Zins. Put the bottles in my special tote:  seemed appropriate Heart

CafePress Little Birdy Natural Canvas Tote Bag, Cloth Shopping Bag

I have a Coach drawstring bucket bag that I got at the outlet stores that I love,  Heavy though...looking for a nice nylon version of that style. 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Bird mama Thank you for remembering me! Heart I love the gorgeous CHANEL cake and beautiful bouquet in fantastic colors that I love. Thanks also for the candle...this hopeless handbag girl needs it. Woman LOL

@stevieb Don't know much about behavin' ... as you well know ... Woman Wink

@hicindy2 Love my lighthouse cake!! The light will always shine! By the way and OMG, I received my MZW 20% off birthday code a few days ago. I haven't purchased anything yet (still deciding), but I tested it and you can add multiples to your cart, get 20% off, and use your points and/or a credit card. SO my MZW friend, IF you can wait until October, you could use your points then and save 20% off. Personally, I could not wait that long and if you don't wait, I cannot blame you. The birthday code is valid for 30 days, so I have time to obsess over the next points purchase, LOL. P.S. I will be using the Dawn Lacquer Crosby Crossbody for all of my birthday dinners. Woman Very Happy

Related image

Happy Birthday, @EdithEllenLily 🎁🎉🎈🎊🎂 

Honored Contributor

@skyblue Thank you for my present, flowers, balloon, confetti ball and birthday cake! Woman Very Happy I still love my birthday because my Mom always made them so fun through the years. I was out for Chinese with Mr. L already and now I have three more birthday dinners with family and friends throughout the month. Whoopin' it up during all of August, LOL. Thanks again, EEL Heart

Image result for thank you cartoon

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For us loyal VB fans (still love their weekender and small totes), Vera Bradley has a pretty new pattern and a variation. 

Holland Garden 

Shop Holland Garden

Holland Bouquet

Shop Holland Bouquet

Thinking about a VB Sling for a change.  Never carried one. Wondered if it would be awkward. 

Vera Bradley Iconic Sling Backpack

Honored Contributor

That is such a lovely pattern @hicindy2   The sling sihouette is interesting and it looks like it would be a little more comfortable than a traditional backpack.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

That is such a lovely pattern @hicindy2   The sling sihouette is interesting and it looks like it would be a little more comfortable than a traditional backpack.  

@Bird mama  Plus, on the sling, you get 25% off and free shipping today.  Interesting.  There is a "mini" version too. Cute for little hikes and day trips.  We are going for a river walk today.  Gorgeous weather. 

Honored Contributor

Only QVC...  "Back to college essentials" and they've included king and California king mattress toppers... Come on. Do they think at all about what they're putting out there? Even once leaving the dorms, where twins tend to be the norm, rare is the student with a great big monster bed, nor do many of them tend to think in terms of mattress toppers... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Only QVC...  "Back to college essentials" and they've included king and California king mattress toppers... Come on. Do they think at all about what they're putting out there? Even once leaving the dorms, where twins tend to be the norm, rare is the student with a great big monster bed, nor do many of them tend to think in terms of mattress toppers... 

@stevieb That's strange! I had a twin bed that during the day was a couch. The bed/mattress part popped up, out and down and then there was the bed, LOL. Same twin beds in all of the dorms as I moved on with each year...

Maybe with the prices of colleges these days they are giving the kids gourmet rooms with king beds? Woman LOL Woman Wink 

Honored Contributor

Today I had my birthday lunch with my Mom and my sister and her family. We had the big round table under the parrot chandelier and 14 of our little sock monkeys joined us and sat around the table's centerpiece (my niece and nephew who gave them to us, crack up when they show up at the restaurant).

All went well, and while my niece and nephew are now in high school, they still make me darling homemade cards, folding a sheet of paper in half and writing sweet and funny messages on each page, using colorful markers to add drawings. I turned to page 2 of my niece's card and almost fell off of my chair laughing. She drew "Auntie Edith" with a sweet smile and curly red hair surrounded by purses with "MZ" on them, LOL...and at the top of the page there was a sign that said "Purse World" Woman LOL Woman Embarassed Woman Very Happy