Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,065
Registered: ‎01-19-2015

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

I just checked the infamous Dooney from last night. The price went up to $279, but the S&H is still $19.47. SMH.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,445
Registered: ‎08-30-2013

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@handygal There is also Navy and Black in that hobo -- I love Dooney's black suede. So dark and rich! But I just noticed that this bag has a magnetic snap and not a zipper closure, so it's not for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,114
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

Yea someone is definitely 'having an episode' with that $20 S/H.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 51,266
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

Uh uh @EdithEllenLily @birdmama @handygal  there is no 'evening out' with their shipping charges simply because they occasionally throw in a free shipping bone. They're ridiculous, especially when you consider the price of these bags, the fact that they ship free from almost any other retailer and the fact that customers here are expected to fork over another fee to ship them back. They've lost their minds with that twenty dollar shipping fee and I have to wonder if they aren't floating it out there as a trial balloon to see how much of a stink they generate. There is nothing so special about that bag to warrant such a high rate.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,065
Registered: ‎01-19-2015

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...


@stevieb wrote:

Uh uh @EdithEllenLily @birdmama @handygal  there is no 'evening out' with their shipping charges simply because they occasionally throw in a free shipping bone. They're ridiculous, especially when you consider the price of these bags, the fact that they ship free from almost any other retailer and the fact that customers here are expected to fork over another fee to ship them back. They've lost their minds with that twenty dollar shipping fee and I have to wonder if they aren't floating it out there as a trial balloon to see how much of a stink they generate. There is nothing so special about that bag to warrant such a high rate.


@stevieb : I agree. They're pushing the envelope to see how far they can go before they get a backlash. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,307
Registered: ‎12-07-2014

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...


@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb @handygal @birdmama @hicindy2 @1Professor @Skyblue and all:

 

After yesterday's discovery of a Dooney with S&H of $19.47, today I see a Hot Pick with FREE S&H...maybe they even each other out? 

 

I do like this suede hobo in the Amber color.

 

Amber
Available on 6 Easy Payments

@EdithEllenLily  @stevieb  @handygal  @birdmama  @hicindy2  + all

 

Even weird-er:

 

Yesterday's show with Jane and Sue, they showed a "new" Dooney called the Libby, which has the logo lock closure.

1. Even though it was BEING SHOWN, the item still wasn't pictured on the web site ("images coming soon"). Plus no information on size.

2. It was $269 + 12.22 shipping.

3. Pebble leather, red lining.

 

Compare. I went to Dooney.

1. The Libby in FLORENTINE, not pebble, was originally $368, now $209!

2. Free shipping!

3. Exact same size.

4. Leather chamois lining!

 

8L1049_dooney_lifestyle.jpeg

B1049D_SCNASCNA.jpeg

B1049D_SCNASCNA_ALT2.jpeg

 

Really, QVC?????

 

So, if a customer bought the Libby yesterday in pebble (ugly red lining) for $269 + 12.22 shipping,

They could have had the Florentine leather version (leather lining) for $209. Free shipping.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,970
Registered: ‎06-06-2010

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

The whole QVC system crashed (again) this AM and my Access was denied (again).  Spent a delightful 20 minutes with Customer Service. Maybe they think that I am a trouble maker. 

 

My favorite:

 

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,114
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@hicindy2   Put red hair on that kid and swap a nun in the place of the guy in the room and that was me from kindergarten through 8th grade. Woman Embarassed

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,970
Registered: ‎06-06-2010

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...


@birdmama wrote:

@hicindy2   Put red hair on that kid and swap a nun in the place of the guy in the room and that was me from kindergarten through 8th grade. Woman Embarassed


@birdmama  In grade school, I got straight "A's" and a "C" in conduct.  My Mom hated to go to the teacher's conference. My step-dad didn't even go at all. 

 

"Cindy is very bright; HOWEVER....Wah wah wah "

 

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 51,266
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...


@hicindy2 wrote:

@birdmama wrote:

@hicindy2   Put red hair on that kid and swap a nun in the place of the guy in the room and that was me from kindergarten through 8th grade. Woman Embarassed


@birdmama  In grade school, I got straight "A's" and a "C" in conduct.  My Mom hated to go to the teacher's conference. My step-dad didn't even go at all. 

 

"Cindy is very bright; HOWEVER....Wah wah wah "

 

 


@hicindy2  Dear Cindy Dos... it's heartening to know that that your demeanor has remained consistent... 

 

Woman LOL


In my pantry with my cupcakes...