Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

Am increasingly liking this one but it's SO big and not loving the closure.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's an interesting print isn't it?  @stevieb 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

It's an interesting print isn't it?  @stevieb 

@Bird mama  Sure is. The more I look, the better I like but alas it is very large and none of the other bags in this print are working for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm considering giving that bag a try, but then I think about having to return my last purchase at the store... It wasn't a problem, but it's still a hassle...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'm considering giving that bag a try, but then I think about having to return my last purchase at the store... It wasn't a problem, but it's still a hassle...

@stevieb Do you think you can deal with the tab closure on such a large opening? I wonder if it would stay closed. But maybe you will use it as an open tote? Wish it had a full zip closure. I do like the newspaper print.

Sort of related...I received the newspaper print scarf and didn't like it because it had metallic gold running through the print. Back to Macy's I went! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  I only buy bags now with top zippers.  I don't like any type of magnetic, turnlock  etc.  I think the tab closure would flop open. Sorry...that looks dinky. Too bad, vey nice otherwise. 

Hope the Dooney Wayfarer come to Macy's.

Two outside pockets. Three inside pockets. One inside zip pocket. Detachable adjustable strap. Feet. Zip closure. Inside key hook. 

Approximately measures H 8.5" x W 5.5" x L 12" and weighs 1 lb 9 oz.

Honored Contributor

I see the ram ring is on sale... Don't know what @Serendipity paid for it, but the savings is substantial... Also @EdithEllenLily I see the fan is marked down... Glad it's only by five bucks because while I took mine out to test it, I haven't used it yet... Otherwise, I'd be ticked off...

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily  @hicindy2  I had mentioned the tab closure before as being iffy... I like the bag and could probably live with the closure, but combined with the size and what I still consider to be a too high price, I'll be passing on it... Like the look and the handles but not right now... Too bad about the scarf Edith... I know they're popular here, but I'm not much of a fan of Nash's scarves... I see plenty of others when shopping that I like better for the cost...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I see the ram ring is on sale... Don't know what @Serendipity paid for it, but the savings is substantial... Also @EdithEllenLily I see the fan is marked down... Glad it's only by five bucks because while I took mine out to test it, I haven't used it yet... Otherwise, I'd be ticked off...

@stevieb Love that fan! Heart I have four in the house. I'm eyeing the grey, which is a blue grey, which would work well in the guest room. I can't even remember if I got it at the current price or the slightly higher? I still think it's reasonably priced and can do so many things, especially the super cool blizzard breeze! The one at my Mom's helps a lot and she could probably use another. They are helping because the heat and humidity has been oppressive with thunderstorms every day! Terrible weather which zaps my energy. Although I know you know all about hot and humid! Woman Frustrated Hope you can use your fan...it will help!

Trusted Contributor

I lost my D&B multi-colored leather tassel....for just a few hours. Was on a business trip, using my D&B Calf Editor to carry laptop and purse items. Tassel on the front to add "zing." Got out of my rental car and caught my flight home. Realized my tassel was missing!! After a few moments of frantically retracing my steps that day I called the rental car company (where my BIL just happens to work) and spoke to a counter agent. She put me on hold, went to look, and shared the happy news that my tassel had been found! Gave it to BIL and it's safely in his possession until my trip next month.

That tassel, I thought, was constructed well enough as to not come off - the loop mechanism isn't easy to open BUT apparently a fluke toss of the bag inside the vehicle dislodged it.

My D&B tassel will stay home now and only travel locally. WHEW I grew up in Iowa where we de-tasseled corn, but I experienced another kind of de-tasseling!