Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity I missed out on the Closer! Not sure why, because I like Kyra Sedgwick! 

I'm glad you will be fully stocked with cashew brittle for everyone! Woman Happy

Now Mr. L says we need to go to our local See's Candies and buy a few boxes ourselves! We only have one location left in Chicagoland. Otherwise, it would have to be mail order, which we would do!

@EdithEllenLily Oh yes, going to the store is the most fun. You get the free sample too. 😊 I picked up the Summer Variety box for my parents, lots of good ones in there, but you have to like white chocolate. My dad will like the apple pie truffle one a lot.

Do you have Start TV? They are showing all the episodes of the Closer in order. When they finish, they start over. It's about midway now.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity I missed out on the Closer! Not sure why, because I like Kyra Sedgwick! 

I'm glad you will be fully stocked with cashew brittle for everyone! Woman Happy

Now Mr. L says we need to go to our local See's Candies and buy a few boxes ourselves! We only have one location left in Chicagoland. Otherwise, it would have to be mail order, which we would do!

@EdithEllenLily Oh yes, going to the store is the most fun. You get the free sample too. 😊 I picked up the Summer Variety box for my parents, lots of good ones in there, but you have to like white chocolate. My dad will like the apple pie truffle one a lot.

Do you have Start TV? They are showing all the episodes of the Closer in order. When they finish, they start over. It's about midway now.

@Serendipity Yes, we love the free sample at the store! Mr. L is helping my sister's family this afternoon so when he gets home, I'll see if he wants to do dinner someplace near See's...hoping to get there before they close for the evening! I will look into Start TV...thanks! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks for the information on the aquas. I like either light or darker toward the Santa Maria color, but they must be aqua and not so light as to lack color or so blue as to look like blue topaz... I note the ring is less today and on wait list in most sizes... I won't be ordering, but for future reference... Of course, there's never any quarantee that the stones in any two rings will be similar...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks for the information on the aquas. I like either light or darker toward the Santa Maria color, but they must be aqua and not so light as to lack color or so blue as to look like blue topaz... I note the ring is less today and on wait list in most colors... I won't be ordering, but for future reference... Of course, there's never any quarantee that the stones in any two rings will be similar...

@stevieb BB is picky about her gemstones, and the aquamarines were perfectly matched in color...very pretty! I forgot to mention that I wasn't too sure about the flower ring setting for those stones. With everything going on in that setting, and its 'darker' color, it almost was too 'harsh' for the pretty aquamarine stones, if that makes sense. But those aquamarines did sparkle and shine despite the darker setting! It's a look...not sure if everyone will like it. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity Yes, we love the free sample at the store! Mr. L is helping my sister's family this afternoon so when he gets home, I'll see if he wants to do dinner someplace near See's...hoping to get there before they close for the evening! I will look into Start TV...thanks! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily Oh, I hope it works out. 😁 Let me know what you think of that brittle. All their summer stuff is so cute this year. And, they have free beachy sleeves for certain size boxes (but they are hidden behind the counter -- you can ask if you need one.) OK, I have to add that I love the apple pie truffle and the key lime one --- OMG. Maybe they can give you a sample of those! 🤗

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks for the information on the aquas. I like either light or darker toward the Santa Maria color, but they must be aqua and not so light as to lack color or so blue as to look like blue topaz... I note the ring is less today and on wait list in most sizes... I won't be ordering, but for future reference... Of course, there's never any quarantee that the stones in any two rings will be similar...

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily Santa Maria aqua 😍

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity  Yep... It's the old 'Calgon, take me away' thing... 

One thing for you to keep in mind, even though I get it that your move sort of far out might not have been in the cards, don't rule out moving elsewhere locally. Aging properties do NOT get better... If you're having a lot of problems now, odds are, they aren't going away... If you honestly thinik the worst is behind you and you can make it work, well, that's one thing... But be honest with yourself because sometimes the path of least resistance turns in to a freaking nightmare...

And yea, I get what you mean... At my last place for the first several years I lived there, I was always trying out new things, moving the furniture around, rehanging the art and so on... At this point, the place is lucky to get vacuumed...

Woman Wink Woman LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 My goodness, you were not joking about the Coach sale prices! I just looked online and some of the bags are great prices -- and they added 20% off the sale price. I'm heading over to my local store tomorrow. They said PacMan was an outlet exclusive though, so won't be finding any of those things. @EdithEllenLily @Roni18 

They even have the flower bags on sale. @BlingQueen022 BQ were you still looking for the cream flower one? I think it's 70% off or something.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity   I know !!  Now the coupon too...

Warning:  lots of sell outs, but still have some beauties 

ROGUE WITH TEA ROSE

DINKY WITH CRYSTAL TEA ROSE

GRACE BAG WITH QUILTING

COOPER CARRYALL

DREAMER WITH QUILTING

Yoooooohoooo:  Amazon has 3 Pacman totes left !!

Coach Reversible City Tote in Signature Canvas with Pacman Ghost Print light Khaki/River 72905, Large