Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@Serendipity  Thank you. You weren’t late, I just got home from a little getaway and had so much fun. Trying to catch up on posts. Weather has been hot 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 Thanks, Handy! The least resistance path would surely be staying put. 😊 Seriously, the thought of the actual packing and moving is a big downer. I don't think moving ever gets any easier, in fact, just the opposite!

@Serendipity The older we get, odds are the more we accumulate that has to be sifted though and moved... Also, the less we are able to do ourselves and so the more we have to pay somebody to do the heavy lifting... Something to think about... I shudder to think what another move for me would be like, but if I decide I want to relocate, I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet... I just can't see staying in the DC area for the duration... Maybe I will, but I hope not to...

@stevieb and all: Over the past three or so years, I've been trying to get rid of more than just handbags. With no children, by choice, I don't want to give my niece and nephew a house full of stuff to sort through. In the last couple of days, the contents of the guest room have been in the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen. How could one room be all over three rooms? I've decided I'm NOT doing this again. The room is now very clean from top to bottom, and the larger pieces of furniture remain. The task now will be to decide what goes back into the room. I'm thinking just a few nice decorative pieces (like Fenton Glass) and no photos or kitchy items. Then it will truly be a 'guest room' and not a 'museum room' to house all of the stuff I can't seem to give up. It's hard...Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity  Oh I’d been wondering if your new BB arrived, I’m so glad you love both. I agree the ring seems perfect for the middle finger. Also really like the amy flower necklace but not the price. But really all the stone options in that one are lovely. 

Ive been wearing my charm bracelet a lot and no issues with the charm opening again but I’m being careful and checking to be safe 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb @hicindy2 @handygal2 @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 @skyblue @jaxs mom @Bird mama 

OK, serious Q. What would you choose? Need help! I am flipping and flopping and flip flopping.

Move to a new place, nice and new, no repairs needed, larger, cute, closer to family, further away from work, and 20 degrees hotter on average.

Or stay in smaller place, fix it up, deal with issues, minimize and be happy about it, enjoy the weather and make a better effort to see family.

@Serendipity  Yikes that’s quite the decision. I don’t know. Good luck deciding

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb @hicindy2 @handygal2 @EdithEllenLily @Bird mama 

Thanks all for weighing in ... I know it was weird to ask here ... and nothing anyone can decide for me ... but I appreciate your perspectives and hearing of how you handled such junctures yourselves. It was nice to learn more about you too! Was feeling anxious and annoyed and trapped in indecision.

For various reasons, I think I'm going to have to stay put.... in a way it affords me more freedom to stay here; even though I love the other place so much. Guess time will tell if I made the right choice.

To paraphrase Brenda Leigh on the Closer ... maybe I'm a little disappointed; maybe a little relieved. I never know which.

Sigh .... I'm going to wallow a bit with some See's chocolates or cashew brittle I think. Then I'm going to put together a plan.

Thanks ladies. ❤️

@Serendipity As much as I know you over the past few years, I think you will be happier in the long term staying put. The weather and CA commuting are major factors in happiness, and if you're not feeling great because you moved you might really regret moving and it would affect you negatively. Take things one project at a time at your place, and enjoy being where you are! I told Mr. L about your dilemma and after living further north (San Mateo), he said being in California for the nice weather/climate and the better location is what you want. And if you had us both visiting right now, we would love to share your See's candies and limited-time cashew brittle. Enjoy your treats and we are both happy for your decision, EEL and Mr. L Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity  We both know that coastal CA with the marine layer is quite different than inland. You can have a better vegetable garden inland but you give up the beach community. And commute, don’t get me started especially at your gas prices. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Boehm Collector 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity  Thank you. You weren’t late, I just got home from a little getaway and had so much fun. Trying to catch up on posts. Weather has been hot 

@jaxs mom Glad you got a nice break for your bday! I like the white in that necklace too; but insane price. Even the ODO was high. I like the white more, but the purple would go nicely with my grasshopper pendant. Waiting for clearance or something!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity  Oh I’d been wondering if your new BB arrived, I’m so glad you love both. I agree the ring seems perfect for the middle finger. Also really like the amy flower necklace but not the price. But really all the stone options in that one are lovely. 

Ive been wearing my charm bracelet a lot and no issues with the charm opening again but I’m being careful and checking to be safe 

@jaxs mom So glad that closure is working now -- I was wondering what you ended up doing with it since you like it so much! Good news. 😊