Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama  I know that Amazon was thinking about making a play for Evine but it didn't come to fruition.

An industry source claims that Amazon is interested in making a buy in TV home shopping. Specifically, we’re told there have been acquisition discussions between Amazon and Evine Live, which operates a pay-TV home shopping channel of the same name. Another source also heard Amazon was one of several companies potentially interested in buying Evine.

I NEVER check out those endless Invicta watch shows. I still like Waterford, Serious Skin Care, and Samuel B. 

In case I get on Jury Duty and miss Memorial Day sales kick off at Macy's in person, May 22'nd, I toodled by there tonight.  Nothing stood out.  The cutest thing was the Brahmin Canteen Bag that @1Professor was thinking about.  

Lane canvas woven in Sunflower.  Lightweight and adorable. Probably won't be on sale either. But I did order the Brahmin catalog, so we'll see. A ray of sunshine. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Surprise! I decided to order the satchel at that price. I've long wanted an RL 'straw' bag and the one I'd been eyeing for years seems to no longer be avaialble and never seemed to go on sale. This one is equally as appealing.

@stevieb Very cool!! Perfect for spring and summer!!

And "no big surprise" -- I ordered it, too. Woman LOL

My twinsie bag with you...Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb There is also a clutch...cute, but I don't need it and prefer the satchel that we ordered. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Surprise! I decided to order the satchel at that price. I've long wanted an RL 'straw' bag and the one I'd been eyeing for years seems to no longer be avaialble and never seemed to go on sale. This one is equally as appealing.

@stevieb Very cool!! Perfect for spring and summer!!

And "no big surprise" -- I ordered it, too. Woman LOL

My twinsie bag with you...Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily  As always... Ahem... I see you've been a busy bee ordering handbags and contemplating ordering more handbags...

Smiley Surprised

Hope these work out... Remembering those DKNY bags we both ordered, was it last year or the year before... that we both returned... Fingers crossed...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The striped totes (and even the solid black) were tempting @EdithEllenLily but at the end of the day, I'd been wanting a straw satchel for too long to seriously consider the others... Just think, we can go shopping along Lakeshore and pretend to be much younger and more beautiful versions of Sophia Petrillo... Shady Pines Ma...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb That's me! Woman LOL

Image result for busy bee

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The striped totes (and even the solid black) were tempting @EdithEllenLily but at the end of the day, I'd been wanting a straw satchel for too long to seriously consider the others... Just think, we can go shopping along Lakeshore and pretend to be much younger and more beautiful versions of Sophia Petrillo... Shady Pines Ma...

@stevieb Woman LOL For sure!! 

You get yourself here, girl...some day!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

the straw bags are lovely, especially that satchel.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

In case I get on Jury Duty and miss Memorial Day sales kick off at Macy's in person, May 22'nd, I toodled by there tonight.  Nothing stood out.  The cutest thing was the Brahmin Canteen Bag that @1Professor was thinking about.  

@hicindy2 : Just got an interesting email from Brahmin, showing their YELLOW bags. It's called BLOWOUTS ON BRAHMIN.

drybar-squarelogo-1385047852714.png

They paired with DRY BAR (which represents with yellow). On May 23 (apparently at all Dry Bars?), you can get a free salon blow out paid by Brahmin, which will have new handbags to tempt you and special prices.

tablet_shopInterior2_060616.jpg

I have been to a Dry Bar when they first started, awhile back. Great concept: Cheap prices, elegant place, just a shampoo/blowout. Great website.

Made an appointment for Thursday May 23, expect to see lots of Brahmin bags, in yellow and other spring colors, too! You need to book on line on the Dry Bar site. Easy. **Dry Bar is open in the evenings—a fun free hair blow out after work! Just call your nearest Dry Bar first to see if they are doing the Brahmin thing on May 23, then go on line to book!

R57-151--00487-1.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All this talk about straw bags got me thinking-- I don't own one! Lol... I found this tote on Macy's' site (a Deal of the Day). It's cute and whimsical. I won't use it as a handbag, but rather as a summer carryall.

IMG_1523.JPG

Other cute patterns are available as well:

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~