Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

I finally unloaded the two Patricia bags that I had in the metallic paisley pattern.  I feel like they went to the 'right' buyer that was meant for them.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama   I get summoned every two years.  I usually have to sit there for a day in the potential jury pool.  We have a one day or one trial deal in most counties here.

Never even got to the questioning. They love to pick Silicon Valley techs for some reason, not bankers. Rumor is that we don't have a heart. 

Famous black heart out front of a big bank in the Financial District in SF

Or could be the pin I wear on my suit jacket when I go 

Maybe I need the bag too

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I finally unloaded the two Patricia bags that I had in the metallic paisley pattern.  I feel like they went to the 'right' buyer that was meant for them.  

@Bird mama I am happy you sold your PN bags -- always better when you know it's the right person to have them! Great news! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2   I'm the opposite.  I don't know why they want me on a jury.  One time there was a case similar to something I experienced in life and I said I doubted I could be fair.  The judge kept pressing me about being fair.  I said, Sir I don't know how much more I can tell you other than I'm being honest about my ability to be fair to the defendent.  Finally the defendent's attorney got rid of me.  

Honored Contributor

Now that I am thinking about jury duty..... the first time I served, I was in my 20's and it was a criminal case.  I remember sitting in the jury box during jury selection and just staring at people around me who spilled all their guts in open court.  There were women who talked about where they worked, where they lived, where they went to school and I just stared Woman Surprised

I sincerely don't know how I don't get tossed for contempt.

When it came my turn, I gave my name.  Judge asked me what I did for a living.  I said I worked for a health insurance company.  He pressed for more details (like which one) and I countered with how that could possibly add value.  Judge dropped it.  I said I was a lifelong resident of Detroit - gave no more details about that.  I didn't talk about my marital status, who I was dating, whether or not I was going to school part time.  They asked if I was a victim of crime and I said yes, more than once. I didn't elaborate.

Wouldn't you know, I got selected and to add to that, the group voted me in as the foreperson for the jury.

The defendent had been in jail and escaped.  How in the heck he got a jury trial for something so obvious still has me wondering some 30 years later.  I wasn't stupid, the guy got out once I was not giving him a road map to me when he was convicted of being guilty Woman Very Happy

It was pretty cut and dry but you would never have known it by the rest of the jury.  I don't know if serving on jury duty was considered their excitement for the day or what.  

My God, the deliberation that went on.  Most of the people churned on and on about why the guy ran.  I said, we're not being asked to determine motive or exigent circumstances.  This nonsense continued on until around 2 pm when the judge sent the bailiff in to talk to me. 

I told the bailiff - look, I understood what I was supposed to deliberate and had my answer inside of the first 5 minutes.  The rest of the jury is getting hung up on motive and since I'm the youngest person in the room I cannot disrespect my elders.  Maybe the judge needs to re-instruct these people.  Let the judge know it's not from my lack of trying.

Judge had to re-instruct the jury and I ended up standing up in open court and delivering a guilty verdict.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I just stumbed across this listing in the marketplace.  The lady is selling the set for $100.  Unbelievable.

Dooney & Bourke cross body purse and matching wallet

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  Well, they take one look at me and decide "Nope", don't need her. Must have been on deck some 20X in 3 counties and never made it to round one. Weird. Hope my luck holds up; just not in the mood. 

That gal is CRAZY selling that Dooney set for $100. What the hey. I am too scared to buy from eBay or somewhere.  Worry about smells and pet hairs etc. 

Honored Contributor

She sold it in record time @hicindy2   I wonder if she received it as a gift and decided it was not her style.

Esteemed Contributor

HSN is about to have a show:  Tula England Handbags.  Totally unfamiliar with this brand. 

Tula England Nappa Originals Large Grainy Leather ToteTula England Color Block Leather Medium Crossbody

Please note that Macy's has this line included in the Friends and Family sale at a BIG savings

I think I could have ordered my Radley London bag from over the pond and gotten it sooner.  No word on shipping yet from QVC.  ZZZZZZZZZZ  Ordered 4/26. 

No worries:  got a built in GPS.  Need a little snack first.  Then I'm on it. Look at that Amazon guy; what a show off !!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  @EdithEllenLily  @handygal2  @VenturaHighway @hicindy2  @jaxs mom  @Bird mama  @Serendipity @skyblue  and all.      Please keep my DH in your prayers.  He is undergoing Hernia Surgery tomorrow,