Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector   I think that the Mila tote it is a bit structured looking. But, again, I like softer lines as a personal preference.

The Selleria collection is a very dressy sophisticated line in any case. 

ILoveDooney has the Selleria Satchel with more rounded contours that got great reviews.  The seasonless gray is stunning. But then, I love gray, full stop. Woman Happy

One inside zip pocket. Two inside pockets. One cell phone pocket. Inside key hook. Handle drop length 4". Strap drop length 24". Lined. Zip closure. Feet. 

Approximately measures H 10.5" x W 6" x L 12".

The satchel comes in bone also. 

Nice to have options !!  Let us know what you decide.

Hi @hicindy2  ,, I actually like the silhouette of the Selleria Satchel better.  But it is too small for my purposes. I always have so much to carry around with me.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2  @handygal2  @Bird mama  @jaxs mom  @VenturaHighway  and all,

what are your thoughts on this Dooney bag:

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 10.10.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 10.10.47 AM.png

@Boehm Collector I like the color! The style is too structured for me these days. And the stitching design reminds me of ... well... underwear! Woman Embarassed Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Pecky  Just an FYI... Our friend @handygal2  ordered the woven tote in the light taupe color directly from Dooney and when it arrived it was actually more of the Dooney 'elephant' color. The response she got from them indicated it was a 'slight' variation... Just suggesting that if you order be aware that what you think you'll be getting might not be what you actually get...

@stevieb : Thank you for pointing this out. You beat me to it.

@Pecky : The photo of how the color looks in real life, compared to the Dooney website, can be found in post #1643. Here's another copy of the photo, which l took under artificial light. It did look slightly lighter in daylight. As you can see, it looks nothing like the "Light Taupe" on their site. I returned it.

IMG_1478.JPG

@handygal2Thanks so much for the pic.  You are right it is not light taupe at all.  Did you like the style of the bag?  Did the straps stay on your shoulders?  I may have to go for a different color as I wanted something lighter.

I am loving the Brahmin Oasis bag!  The colors are gorgeous.  

@Pecky : I liked everything about the bag except the color.  Woman Frustrated  

It's not too heavy. The straps are a good length, and seemed to stay on my shoulder. The size is good too-- neither too big nor too small.

Let us know what you decide.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2  @handygal2  @Bird mama  @jaxs mom  @VenturaHighway  and all,

what are your thoughts on this Dooney bag:

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 10.10.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 10.10.47 AM.png

@Boehm Collector : I'm not usually a satchel/crossbody girl, so l'm probably the wrong person to ask. But l think the shape is too boxy, and l can't get EEL's @EdithEllenLily  "underwear" comparison out of my mind.  Woman Surprised  Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@1Professor  Yes, I got it and in fact just pulled it out to consider late last week. I opted for something else, but might give this one a try next. I believe you also got it in a color or colors... Wish I had instead of the same old brown... Still nice looking though.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor  Yes, I got it and in fact just pulled it out to consider late last week. I opted for something else, but might give this one a try next. I believe you also got it in a color or colors... Wish I had instead of the same old brown... Still nice looking though.

I got it in brown, the original.

Later found it in blue and lipstick pink at the outlet—but ended up consigning those. Still use and enjoy the brown!

They had a drawstring in that sutton that I wish I had!

s-l225.jpg

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Pecky  Just an FYI... Our friend @handygal2  ordered the woven tote in the light taupe color directly from Dooney and when it arrived it was actually more of the Dooney 'elephant' color. The response she got from them indicated it was a 'slight' variation... Just suggesting that if you order be aware that what you think you'll be getting might not be what you actually get...

@stevieb : Thank you for pointing this out. You beat me to it.

@Pecky : The photo of how the color looks in real life, compared to the Dooney website, can be found in post #1643. Here's another copy of the photo, which l took under artificial light. It did look slightly lighter in daylight. As you can see, it looks nothing like the "Light Taupe" on their site. I returned it.

IMG_1478.JPG

You're welcome and no problem @handygal2 . I knew you'd respond, but saw her post and didn't know how quickly she might be ordering . As it turns out, apparently it wasn't an issue...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor  I think it was the red I wished I'd got, blue being my second choice. I seem to recall they came after the brown and I couldn't justify more than one. I suppose the brown is really the most universal and it's a good looking bag.

Respected Contributor

With the Macy's Friends and Family sale, they have an Amelie tote in steel blue Florentine for  under $150. That has to beat the Big Deal saffiano version for twice that amount. I don't happen to see many Florentine bags pop up at TJM. It certainly beats the Dooney clearance price of $246 plus tax.

If she likes steel blue your neighbor could save some money--Florentine.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JavaQueen   Thank you !!  My neighbor is heading to Macy's as we speak...I texted her with your info.  She has a gift card left over from Xmas and is on a mission. She has shoulder issues so it is best to try on bags if she can.  Thanks again for the input...

No red lining YAY

Dooney & Bourke Florentine Amelie Small Leather Tote

She is also checking out "my" tassel tote, but in Fog to check the weight

Dooney & Bourke Tassel Pebble Leather Tote

She ended up with my nylon Dooney Erica when she had surgery

And, because of my Radley obsession, she is checking out this Radley nylon tote to knock around with

Radley London Multi Dog Ziptop Tote