Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

@stevieb   I removed my post.  He was there when I arrived and then he left.  It wasn't me Woman LOL  Don't know what in the heck was going on today. I'm home and glad to be.  My devilled eggs were a hit - that surprised me.  More food than we knew what to do with.  Everyone overate and there was still some left for those who wanted to take something home.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  Love deviled eggs and I make pretty good ones too. Haven't made them in forever. Maybe I'll have to make some soon... Glad the day sounds to have gone better than anticipated...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I converted the last of my bills/ bank statements to paperless. 

Went to Brighton for their in store celebration. Pretty Halo necklace. Didn't buy anything though...

Radley London is offering a discount on their website. Like this cream/ tan bag a LOT.  hicindyjust looking.com Heart

Essential-Holiday-Handbags-Image

Honored Contributor

@stevieb : You observed that there hasn't been much activity here lately. Well, you can always depend on me to change that!  Woman LOL

l ordered this Arcadia patent leather satchel, and received it today. I know you're a fan of this brand, and l've never seen one in person. I've been admiring it online for quite some time. Even though it's not the usual tote or hobo l favor, and doesn't have all the organization l like, it's so beautiful that l can overlook that. (There's no outside compartment-- although that would interfere with the clean lines-- and inside compartments on only one side). I like that it's made in Italy, not China. lol. It was a great price-- $100 from the TJX site. Notice that the stitching is white, and the edging on all of the trim is red-- great workmanship and attention to detail. I'm very impressed with this brand, although one item is enough for now!  Woman Very Happy

IMG_1469.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2  Their patent leather is gorgeous... That blue is especially pretty... Enjoy it and what a buy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went to Best Buy today because I have to get a new computer. I can't delay it further because my old Sony is on its last legs. Sony doesn't even make computers anymore... I'm going to try a Chrome Book because for the price it seems to do what I need it to do. I no longer use many apps or the other features of a computer, so we'll see. My concern is with speed. The kid who worked with me was so sweet and told me I can return it within two weeks no questions asked and apply the price to the Mac Book Air I really want. He also pulled up the price match and so the Air would be about $900 since it was on sale elsewhere... On the other hand, the Chrome Book was under $300... I hope I like it...

But I digress... Next to the store was Maxx I rarely go to and while the bag department wasn't large, I was shocked to see Alviero Martini bags on offer... I almost passed out and had to restrain myself, as they had several... 

@EdithEllenLily I wondered about the weight of that Gili bag when you posted about ordering. It's a nice looking bag and, as noted, if Jill Martin weren't in the mix and the price was a little lower, the oxblood was gorgeous... But I digress again... Just wanted to mention they had a nice looking Frye tote in black and, are you ready, it was nylon... You know nylon is not my thing, but it was a nice bag for $99...

Tried this little pizza place called '&Pizza'... It was pretty good and sort of an unusual oblong shape... Good crust... Their soft drinks are 'craft' and the mango passion fruit soda was yummy... 

Anyway, I might be MIA at some point while I sort out the new computer set up thing... 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I converted the last of my bills/ bank statements to paperless. 

Went to Brighton for their in store celebration. Pretty Halo necklace. Didn't buy anything though...

Radley London is offering a discount on their website. Like this cream/ tan bag a LOT.  hicindyjust looking.com Heart

Essential-Holiday-Handbags-Image

Pretty bags and trinkets @hicindy2... Cream and tan are so rich looking together... 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2   Enjoy your new stylish bag.  Quite a departure from "our" usual picks (PN and Coach).

That's the way I felt about "pinkie". One's enough for me too. And then I'll be back to my beloved totes. 

Good to sometimes step out of the box Heart

No Image Found

I don't generally like patent finishes, but I really liked the looks of this Dooney.  I don't know why I am infatuated with pink either. 

Dooney & Bourke Patent Leather Small Shannon Tote - A351936

Honored Contributor

@handygal2   I usually don't go for patent leather however I must say that shade of blue is killer.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   I am interested to read about your experience with your chromebook.  I briefly considered a chromebook at the end of December when my android tablet was dying.