Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

What a delightful outfit @hicindy2 

@Bird mama   thank you.  All ready for my fantasy warm weather. We are getting more rain next week and low temps.  Uggggghhh. 

Image result for images peanuts woodstock rain

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

What a delightful outfit @hicindy2 

@Bird mama   thank you.  All ready for my fantasy warm weather. We are getting more rain next weel and low temps.  Uggggghhh. 

Welcome to my world. Rain, rain, and more rain. Grey skies and more rain. A half day or day of sun every now and then. Daytime temps are generally holding in the 40's with more than a few days in the 50's and even the 60's. I think I'm developing a Seattle mentality because some days, when the sun actually shines, I'm not sure what to make of it...

As for that momentous storm on Wednesday that to hear the local media talk... and talk... and talk... was to signal the Rapture... we saw a few hours of very pretty snow early in the morning, turning to sleet and, basically slush for the remainder of the day... Most of it, other than in heavily wooded areas that get little sun, was gone as of yesterday...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  Before I forget I wanted to mention that the Amory Ames books we were discussing earlier have a number of references to gowns, suits and jewels or the era... Such fun... I think you and mom might enjoy them... Worth a look and they seem to get better with every book...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   Yep...bright Skechers on the way !!

Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 2 Hypo Walking Shoe

@hicindy2  Love these. Sketchers are so comfortable and so easy.  I still have a pink pair, bought last summer and never worn (too wet...) but will look forward to wearing them this year,,, With any luck,,, And yes, all, that's me, actually owning up to something pink... Gasp... I think there's also a pink swimsuit in there I never had the chance to wear...

@stevieb  and @hicindy2 and @EdithEllenLily   ... I just purchased two pairs of Sketchers from QVC:  A289139
Skechers GO STEP Mesh Ballet Slip-On Shoes - Luxe in Black and Taupe.....  Very comfortable!

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 9.56.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 9.56.33 AM.png

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 and all: I received the MZ Wallace Small Sutton in Star Print today! I couldn't resist it when I saw it back as available....it was all wrapped up and new...such a sweet handbag. Don't you have this one, HC? I also received the Ginger Wallet in black with silver hardware and the Small Ines cosmetic in black with silver hardware to go inside this handbag (also will work with some other black bags I have like the Haley in Black Moto). Woman Happy

Image result for MZ Wallace star

@EdithEllenLily   I have it and LOVE it.  Seasonless and I pull it out a lot.  I got it when it snuck back in the line up briefly last year. Now it has disappeared again in the "regular" line up.  You can sneak up to it by googling mz wallace small Sutton Raven and find the hidden prints. Poppy, Fur, Star etc. According to MZW, they are in stock but not "featured". 

PoppyFur PrintNight GardenTangelo Ikat DotTulumRaven

Thinking about Tangelo for the summer months.  

Tangelo Ikat Dot Print Small Sutton (2881488)

@hicindy2 I like the Tangelo dot Small Sutton, too! By the way, I stopped at Nordstrom on the way home yesterday and checked out the MZWs. The Eden Print is not as vibrant as it appears online, and the snakes are more subtle. Still, they are snakes...Woman Surprised I also saw @Roni18 's leopard backpack and it was SO cute. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Before I forget I wanted to mention that the Amory Ames books we were discussing earlier have a number of references to gowns, suits and jewels or the era... Such fun... I think you and mom might enjoy them... Worth a look and they seem to get better with every book...

@stevieb and @hicindy2 Misery loves company so I will tell you that our weather today is a rainy, sleety mess. Woman Tongue I may venture out this afternoon but maybe not.

@stevieb One good thing about this weather is that I will have time to search about these Amory Ames books! They do sound like ones I would like to read, too. TY kindly! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily   Nice shot of the new Mushroom and Grove in the quilted version.  Interesting twist on neutrals.   

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom @stevieb @handygal2  @Blingqueen023  @Roni18  @Boehm Collector  @hicindy2  @Bird mama  @1Professor @skyblue @Serendipity  and everyone:

Check out these jackets...our handbags would look very cool over them!

Lila

Denim Blue

I ordered this one below in both dark indigo and grey...not sure how they will look on someone who is not tall...also ordered both for my sister who is three inches taller.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   Nice shot of the new Mushroom and Grove in the quilted version 

No photo description available.

@hicindy2 Oooh, I like both of them. The mushroom is a soft, chic neutral. I actually like Grove in both the Suttons (more of a dark green/grey in it to my eye) and in the Bedford options (more green/teal). It will be hard to decide. But as the Scarecrow said, "Of course people do go both ways." Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily : Fun coats.

However, when I look at a new item of clothing, my mind immediately wonders what handbag I might acquire for that price (instead) . . . . . . . !