Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

My go to book was:  Looks that Work by Janet Wallach

Very 1980's Woman Happy

The other was "the Packing Book" by Judith Gilford 

She used the capsule concept too and covered business travel

The Packing Book: Secrets of the Carry-on Traveler

Closet clutter complicates your life...

@hicindy2 I received these two books today already with free shipping from Amazon! Love this kind of stuff...trying to get organized in every aspect of my life! Making progress...Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily   Oh good !!  I love getting

organized, streamlining, and feeling accomplished. 

Got my MZW Leopard cutie today.  Mr. HC even liked it and called it "fancy". Woman Happy

Leopard Print Small Sutton (2881513) in color Leopard Print

Still thinking about that perky cheery Paradise

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Amory Ames is presently my favorite, along with the Crosby vinyard books... Amory is the series sort of reminiscent of Nick and Nora Charles... Well heeled husband and wife duo solving crimes in the '30's... Wonderful...

@stevieb Sounds delightful and I love things set in that time frame...and the '40s...I often feel I should have lived in that decade...Woman Surprised

One more thing about recent books I've found for Mom. I keep a list of all of the books she has read, so sometimes I look up a series and see a new book (or two) has been written. I also just received these for her birthday...reading them will be like visiting old friends...Woman Wink

Tandem Demise: A Cycle Path Mystery by Duffy Brown
Christmas Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke
Antiques Frame by Barbara Allan
Hitting the Books by Jenn McKinlay
Caramel Crush by Jenn McKinlay
Wedding Cake Crumble by Jenn McKinlay
Death of a Cookbook Author by Lee Hollis
Aunt Dimity and the Buried Treasure by Nancy Atherton
Aunt Dimity and the Widow's Curse by Nancy Atherton
and
Elegance by Kathleen Tessaro for me

You may want to look some of them up if you haven't already found them. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

My go to book was:  Looks that Work by Janet Wallach

Very 1980's Woman Happy

The other was "the Packing Book" by Judith Gilford 

She used the capsule concept too and covered business travel

The Packing Book: Secrets of the Carry-on Traveler

Closet clutter complicates your life...

@hicindy2 I received these two books today already with free shipping from Amazon! Love this kind of stuff...trying to get organized in every aspect of my life! Making progress...Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily   Oh good !!  I love getting

organized, streamlining, and feeling accomplished. 

Got my MZW Leopard cutie today.  Mr. HC even liked it and called it "fancy". Woman Happy

Leopard Print Small Sutton (2881513) in color Leopard Print

Still thinking about that perky cheery Paradise

@hicindy2 I like Mr. HC's fancy estimation of your leopard bag!! Woman Very Happy Won't it pop nicely on all of your black clothes? Grrrrrr and look out everyone. Woman Wink I'm so glad you love it.

I am trying to take a more measured and examined look when ordering MZW handbags, LOL. I love the colors in the print directly above. I'm still thinking about ordering it in the Medium Metro Tote with a Grove Bedford handbag but it will be awhile before I figure it out. I like the Belle, the Haley and the Jane at this point but I may change my mind. And I may just get a Grove bag and not the tote. Hmmm, must ponder that one. I'm still waiting on my Dawn Kate refund and points redeposit before ordering the Dawn Jane.

Confession time: I did order something today but I'm not sure about it. Will report if it's a winner. The good news is that I've sold a lot at the consignment shop and the 60 percent payouts are adding up, so a bag here and there is fine! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  Amory Ames is presently my favorite, along with the Crosby vinyard books... Amory is the series sort of reminiscent of Nick and Nora Charles... Well heeled husband and wife duo solving crimes in the '30's... Wonderful...

@stevieb Sounds delightful and I love things set in that time frame...and the '40s...I often feel I should have lived in that decade...Woman Surprised

One more thing about recent books I've found for Mom. I keep a list of all of the books she has read, so sometimes I look up a series and see a new book (or two) has been written. I also just received these for her birthday...reading them will be like visiting old friends...Woman Wink

Tandem Demise: A Cycle Path Mystery by Duffy Brown
Christmas Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke
Antiques Frame by Barbara Allan
Hitting the Books by Jenn McKinlay
Caramel Crush by Jenn McKinlay
Wedding Cake Crumble by Jenn McKinlay
Death of a Cookbook Author by Lee Hollis
Aunt Dimity and the Buried Treasure by Nancy Atherton
Aunt Dimity and the Widow's Curse by Nancy Atherton
and
Elegance by Kathleen Tessaro for me

You may want to look some of them up if you haven't already found them. Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily  I enjoy the Atherton books a lot and Lee Hollis as well (the one you cite is fun...) and historically have liked the Barbara Allen books, though less so since the daughter reunited with the older Chief of Police (sorry, I find their romance boring, but the mother makes these books anyway...) and while I enjoyed McKinley's hat shop series, I haven't been a big fan of her (or Fluke) otherwise... I will have to look for the newest Duffy book, which I haven't read... Part of my paring down involves buying far fewer books so am mostly relying on the library these days... It's also a good big less costly...

Smiley Very Happy

Of course, the downside is even a large library system like the one I enjoy simply doesn't have the variety one would like and they don't always get the newest books quickly... Then too, of course, there are those annoying other readers...

Smiley Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Somebody, anybody, pretty please - just buy this primetime special.

Aimee Kestenberg Crossbody w/ RFID CC Holder -Bayside - A285979

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

No thanks Birdie @Bird mama , but I know how you feel. I've been imploring folks to buy it for weeks, I'm so sick of looking at it...

I was, though, interested in this croco, available in Tmoro or Bourdeux, both of which were pretty... I didn't bite...

Dooney & Bourke Croco Leather Deana Satchel Handbag - A300766

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb Hey, I like that Dooney croco satchel. But I can't go back there. Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon Prime has brought in some "classics" to watch online.  So nice to watch a simple well acted movie with no car chases or elaborate special effects. 

Lilies of the Field

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2   Lillies of the Field, A Patch of Blue and To Sir with Love are some of my favorite Sidney Poitier movies.  

Honored Contributor

I ordered these earrings from the American West line.

American West Sterling Gemstone Figural Drop Earrings - J390543

Common sense would tell you that they should have been aired the same day as the QVC big deal the other day.  Nope... I had to hunt for them after I saw them in the new arrivals.  I ordered them and then in a couple of hours they were 'unavailable'.  They are now available again.