Honored Contributor

Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

ny.jpg

Bag Ladies... Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and fulfilling 2019... Personally, I can't wrap my head around it... That time again... I'm not a big one for celebrating the new year and, as noted, my seasonal recognitions are pretty much limited to harvest season and Christmas. The rest are just so much blather for me... But for those who see a new year as a special time, hope it exceeds your expectations...

Woman Very Happy

Throughout last year some of you inquired about a new thread... I'd thought several times about starting one but ultimately opted out... In considering whether or not to start one for the new year I had mixed feelings... It's now been quite a while since our former pal TK started the first 'dedicated' handbag pals thread and, over the years, we've gotten a lot of mileage out of the series that's continued...

Initially, it seemed a new thread might be a bit superfluous, given the other demands on our time and that our relative interest and activity has become a bit limited, at times. Ultimately though, it seemed it might still be worthwhile to have a place to congregate if and when we see fit... All that said, here we go and use it as you each individually wish...

Woman Happy

Over the years. we've seen 'em come and we've seen 'em go... Some are missed, some not so much... We've had our share of ripples and of changes in our level of interest in handbags and in other things, but overall, I just want to say it's been a pleasure hanging with you ladies...

Woman Wink

So what becomes us most?  Well, for me, it's a season of nostalgia, which makes me think vintage... While I'd not own fur, I recall the 'Legend' ads and the place in time they were featured... 

a0b4cc9370dad09f4138d011a4fcef75.jpg

blackglama-cher-avedon.jpg

e8ac8cdb0e95e8eefccc48391463b1da.jpg

And then, there was the self-declared 'semi-legend', dear Joan Rivers and how I still miss her wit... And if you've never heard her 'semi-legend' routine, do yourself a favor...

MI0000136427.jpg

JOAN_RIVERS_WHAT+BECOMES+A+SEMI-LEGEND+MOST%3F+SAMPLER-476379.jpg

As for this dame, what's most becoming are beautiful, vintage designer handbags, in black of course... Hermes, YSL, Dior, Roots, Fendi, Gucci, LV, Hilde Palladino and on and on...

vintage croc.jpg

fendi2.jpg

fendi.jpg

roots.jpg

dior.jpg

hermes.jpg

yslmuse.jpg

Burberry-Large-Alligator-Holdall.jpg

gucci.jpg

Hilde-Palladino.jpg

Of course, like Mrs. Robinson, one does have to draw the 'vintage' line somewhere... and also like my good friend Mrs. R. I draw that line with vintage men... No use for them, preferring my males more, shall we say, in their prime...

Woman LOL

Of course, I do enjoy some vintage music, and hoping the links jog or evoke a few fond memories...

Woman Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A4bZkCzvCY

d22a44015ba204311db128be1bcbe7d5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4ZKVKP7Vc

KJ-APA-FLAUNT2 (1).jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_7iRVtxui8

37118128_326761601197087_9165191958891593728_n (1).jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxEG29xQj7I

tumblr_o3fisuL3Rw1rzoil5o2_540.gif

and one more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH8YYasQa_g

Happy New Year, Dames and I'll be seeing you around...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

Note to @handygal2... Thanks for the 'legends' idea, based on your birthday card posted this past August... 

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb A+++ on the new thread... Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year!! 

I ordered an AK Brixton wallet in the rose pink. I've been wanting something smaller and more organzied than my Dooney silver wristlet I've been carrying as a wallet. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  Thoroughly delightful post.  Thank you.  And..I will never overcome my love for handbags. They gave me greater joy than the male candy-guess I am hopeless.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fabulous stevieb, I can tell that you are all woman... fem fatalle!  So am I, definately all woman.  Always have been.  One morning I opened my eyes and poof, I was older.  But that doesn't stop me from being who I really am.  All woman.  My hand bags have to ring the bell before I buy them.  My clothes too.  And men, I prefer men that have that adorable cuteness and physique.  Beautiful men never did it for me as I think the man shouldn't prettier than the woman.  The only thing that I like about a new year is making new year resolutions and really I can do that at any time, not just at the start of a new year.  Keep on being a girlie girl, bomb shell, babe, dame, fabulous.  After all, we are women, all women.   SC

Honored Contributor

P. S. stevieb, I loved the music and videos.  Very special!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  Lovely start to the New Year..

Mine was Bonnie Cashin for Coach

Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year.. I don't post much, but I read  enough here. And you ladies have been terrific suggesting small bags for me. I changed my name  cause I was getting some spam elsehwere and wanted uniformity with the boards I am associated with. It's worked out great. And I adore the  name Violet. !!!   It suits me!!   

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year to all

Image result for peaceful happy new year

@stevieb  well done on the opening post

Image result for standing ovation gif

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise