Honored Contributor

Re: DOONEY'S NOW LAST ON THE LIST?

Perhaps they are just not selling on the Q now that people are realizing you can find them for less $ just about anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I do have a few heavier bags that I rarely use, but I am glad I still have.  I do have a good assortment of bags that are much smaller and lighter to carry.  Dooney has sold them, and I have bought them.  Over time I have purchased quite a few bags on the I Love Dooney site, both for me and for gifts.  I am giving a sweet little Dooney for my granddaughter as part of her birthday gift.  She’s turning 8, and the apple of her Mimi’s eye.

@PamfromCT . How Sweet! I have an 8 year old granddaughter too, and I am also a"Mimi"......That is a sweet present to your granddaughter, and I am sure she will just love it!!!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

This thread reminded me of how many Dooneys and Coach bags I have. I have been in the same bag since early fall. I rarely go out, so I don't think to change bags. Today I have an appointment for my first Covid vaccine. I remembered to change into a different bag. Today I have a beautiful lime green satchel with two outside zip pockets. A friend gave me this bag a couple of years ago as a gift. The sun is shining, and I am so relieved to finally have appointments for my husband and i for our vaccines. It has been a challenge to get scheduled here.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Perhaps they are just not selling on the Q now that people are realizing you can find them for less $ just about anywhere else.

And without paying twelve added bucks to 'get it home'... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

And without paying twelve added bucks to 'get it home'... 

@stevieb ...or $ 24 if you have to return it. 

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I do have a few heavier bags that I rarely use, but I am glad I still have.  I do have a good assortment of bags that are much smaller and lighter to carry.  Dooney has sold them, and I have bought them.  Over time I have purchased quite a few bags on the I Love Dooney site, both for me and for gifts.  I am giving a sweet little Dooney for my granddaughter as part of her birthday gift.  She’s turning 8, and the apple of her Mimi’s eye.

@PamfromCT   I kept a few of the large heavier bags, too. Used them to travel...hopefully will again.

Occasional Contributor

I own 2 Dooney's, the nylon version of the pebble leather crossbody,  and love them. I'm also leaning more toward the lighter weight crossbody bags and recently started purchasing Baggalini. I was able to get in on a one time only price for a very nice larger crossbody (Stephanie) and I'm now hooked on the brand. These bags fit close to the body and much easier on my back.

The Dooney bags are beautiful and I still love them, but I can't  carry them all the time and Baggalini offers quality at a much lower price.

Honored Contributor

They aren't a hot fashion item I'd think except for older people like me. They aren't exclusive and they are a little "retro" now. 

Honored Contributor

Really liked the $143 D&B crossover bag they showed on Friday, Feb 12. Lots of classic and springtime colors. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

They aren't a hot fashion item I'd think except for older people like me. They aren't exclusive and they are a little "retro" now. 

@Sooner  It also seems they haven't done much that's very different in a long time, even given there's only so much to be done with handbags. Their more unique bags are not priced for many potential customers and certainly not for home shopping, where the focus, for better or for worse, is on volume sales. I also think Dooney might have reached the saturation point with QVC. I believe there might be more traction over on HSN, where they haven't been pushing them so hard for years.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...