Valued Contributor

D&B Zip Zip Not!  I have had a zip zip in caramel for a few years and like it a lot.   

A new Black/Black zip zip just arrived and the zipper is very difficult to open and close.  

I sent the handbag back to QVC with notes and a request not to charge me S&H.   

I also posted a review and complaint at QVC.

Dissapointed D&B Fan in Georgia,  CAT

Respected Contributor

Somewhere I read that Dooney had to change their manufacturer to a plant in The Philippines due to Covid.  Well, it is obvious that this factory is not doing a great job with the D & B handbags.  I hope Dooney can get back to the China plant as they did a superior job of crafting the handbags.  And I hope it is soon.

Honored Contributor

There is definitely something wrong with those zippers.  They're hard to zip.  I have 2 bags I got directly from Dooney.  I first put a coat of WD-40 on the zipper, then ran a wax candle over and over the zipper.  That treatment, along with use, greatly improved them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The bags themselves seem to be as well made as they always have.  Mine are perfect, its just the zipper.

Contributor

Re: D&B Zip Zip NOT!

[ Edited ]

it's  interesting I just found this forum and Iwas  inquiring as to the recent D&B crossbody TSV. We received ours today and the first thing I noticed was the zippers,its almost as if the zipper opening is not as large as the bag itself and it is a small opening. My sister was handling t the bag but I will Look at them more closely tomorrow as I purchased several for gifts. I have other crossbody from dooney but don't seem to have the issue these new ones seem to have. 

Respected Contributor

Received today: the pebble leather crossbody that was a tsv a few days ago. However I got mine from D & B for much less. Zippers work fine. No issues. The bags design is that it's slightly narrower across the top than the bottom. Some have felt that the opening was too small. I do not find this to be so. In my bag I have: small lightweight lug wallet, my planner, keys, phone, sunglasses, lipstick, eye drops and small mirror, dental floss and tissues. Everything has a place. Nothing is jammed in or crowded. And it's definitely lighter weight than my Darcy satchel. Really happy with this bag. 😊

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I bought this TSV from Macys a few years ago.  The zipper opening is definitely tight.  My wallet (Tumi clutch style) barely fits in bag diagonally & it's hard to put hand in to get something.

That said I only use it when at amusement park, traveling, or shopping when I don't need full wallet or other things. I also bought denim blue final cost was $89 as they were clearanced & Macys no longer carry D&B.

We have outlet store here prices are not that great either.    This pebble leather is heavy bag if you fill it like a tradiruonal bag.

I learned from D&B outlet mgr  -- bags are made for outlets just like they are specifically made for Q.

Clark & other brand shoes are made for specifically to be sold on Q, also, 

Honored Contributor

The comments on this thread about the problem with the zippers are for the ZipZip style of bag only.  Everything on the bag except the zipper is fine and as it has always been. 

It's a great bag; I have 4 of them. 

Trusted Contributor

@gacat123  I returned a dooney zip zip bought from the q for the very same reason. Officially not a fan of dooney. They are heavy, zippers that do not function well, most are just downright ugly anyway, and that darned logo on still a lot of them with the piece of leather with a duck stamped on it. For the same money can get a lot nicer bags that are stylish, functional and do not feel like carrying a load of bricks.