Respected Contributor

Found a Cole Haan handbag online at a great price.  I love it, but it is cream in color.  Is this a year-round color or would you save it for summer?  So tempted... (((sigh)))

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I say make your own rules and style. It would probably look great with the wine color clothing that is so popular and with many other colors. Cole Haan bags are so tasteful, I think people would just admire your taste.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Cream, off-white, winter white, and so on are year around colors as far as I'm concerned. For me, a true, stark white is more of a summer color. Cream color bags are among my very favorites. Enjoy it !!

@pommom

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Don't forget you can tie a jaunty scarf around the handle to bring in the color of the season.  Cream works with navy, grays, black, deep wine, and everygreen.  No worries !!

Trusted Contributor

Creams are everywhere.  They go with everything for all seasons.  I have creams in 3 style purses, even a leather backpack to keep my hands free at flea markets and sporting events.  I am 72 but I still like to look and feel good at all times.  I saw a beautiful outfit in a magazine where the jacket, pants,top and purse were all shades of creams and off white.  It was fabulous.  I have the purses and pants.  Now I am looking for a cream jacket or blazer in the Liz or Issac classic style.   I can pop a color in any number of my various style of shoes.  Creams will work beautifully into my fall and winter wardrobe.  

Esteemed Contributor

Cream is popular all year and is probably what we call winter white.  Most important is if you love it then you will enjoy using it, no matter the season.  Enjoy your purchase.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of cream bags, I Love Dooney has a Florentine beauty marked waaaay down: Bristol Satchel

Bristol Satchel

Trusted Contributor

My daughter bought me a beautiful cream Coach bag at an outlet store.  I've been wondering the same thing!

I think with other items to pick up the color and tie in with the color of the purse - I would like to go with matching shoes or boots, myself.

Respected Contributor

Love you all!!!  I'm going for it if it's still available.  The scarf tip is great!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Where do you live?   I'm in the South and we have few rules about colors, we wear pretty much everything year round.

I know in the northern states it's not as common.

But any Cole Haan on sale is a score!

@pommom wrote:

Found a Cole Haan handbag online at a great price.  I love it, but it is cream in color.  Is this a year-round color or would you save it for summer?  So tempted... (((sigh)))